Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 320012 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #230 on: 07 May 2013, 09:58 »
Trying to call mine also (possibly driving him slightly mad) but that's what they're for right!?  :smiley:

:grin: :grin: I always promise them I'm not going to hassle them - but I always do - can't control myself  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #231 on: 07 May 2013, 10:09 »
Phoning mine today to change colour for mine and add my dad's warranty. I will ask him what the build week situation is with mine currently (assuming colour change won't push it down the queue).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #232 on: 07 May 2013, 11:33 »
Just got off the phone with my dealer, he says it's gone from wk44 to unconfirmed wk35 26th aug, he says it's most likely because i've added the performance pack! :cry:

I was hoping to collect it the 1st of sept but it's looking like the end of sept beginning of oct! :sad:
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 11:37 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #233 on: 07 May 2013, 11:36 »
Just got off the phone with my dealer, he says it's gone from wk44 to unconfirmed wk35 26th aug, he sats it's most likely because i've added the performance pack! :cry:

I was hoping to collect it the 1st of sept but it's looking like the end of sept beginning of oct! :sad:

Balls.  :angry:  Sorry to hear that Jimble.  My dealer has promised to get back to me today so I'm going to expect the same response.  Quite why these options delay the production of a car I don't know - but they clearly do, and it'll be worth the wait!  :smiley:

Highly annoying though.  :cry:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #234 on: 07 May 2013, 11:45 »
Just got off the phone with my dealer, he says it's gone from wk44 to unconfirmed wk35 26th aug, he sats it's most likely because i've added the performance pack! :cry:

Balls.  :angry:  Sorry to hear that Jimble.  My dealer has promised to get back to me today so I'm going to expect the same response.  Quite why these options delay the production of a car I don't know - but they clearly do, and it'll be worth the wait!  :smiley:

Highly annoying though.  :cry:

He seems to think it's because i added it after i'd placed the order and if i'd specced it originally it wouldn't have pushed it so far back, he also said it could potentially come forward a little more which from experience does happen but we'll see??
It's not a major issue for me as it's only a couple of weeks after i originally wanted to collect it but i can imagine there may be a few unhappy folk on here.

He also said standard GTI's he's ordered have BW 25 so far! :smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 11:50 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #235 on: 07 May 2013, 11:52 »
At least you have the right attitude about it - no point getting  :angry: as it is what it is - and it'll be worth the wait for the PP addition!

I would imagine all non stock cars will turn up later than the basic ones - that's just the way it is.  That date isn't set in stone like you say, you may be able to piggy back on another order (as long as its not mine!  :laugh:) and "nick" their car effectively if its the same spec - but I think that's something the dealer has to request??
Audi RS5 2018

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #236 on: 07 May 2013, 12:12 »
Just been told BW27  :smiley:
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #237 on: 07 May 2013, 12:34 »
Just spoken to VW Customer Services, I've also been told Build Week 27 (but still unconfirmed), with an estimated delivery date of last week of July/first week of August ie. 4-6 weeks from build.

I am very happy with this news given I was expecting a mid September delivery as per usual!!  :smiley: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #238 on: 07 May 2013, 13:09 »
I couldnt take it any longer so I emailed Lucie. Here is what she emailed back:

We have had a scheduled week from the factory of 36, this is not confirmed so not set in stone so will hopefully come forward.

So currently I can't expect delivery until October  :sad:
But at least I get the new plates!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #239 on: 07 May 2013, 13:45 »
Spoke to my dealer today to get a colour change (to Tornado Red) and he said that build weeks for GTI/GTD will not be assigned to orders until we are in MY14 (week 22). Only then will it be transparent when your car will be built. Everyone gets a different story!

One thing I forgot with mine last time - if you do take your car on the continent at all, don't forget to ask for EU/GB plates on the new car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.