Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316726 times)

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #140 on: 01 May 2013, 16:07 »
Can't believe it..... That's the most depressing news I've heard in ages.... August!!!!! I'm gonna go slit my wrists  :cry:

Chin up!  Just think how early it will be compared to people making orders now.  We're the lucky ones who will be driving around in our shiny new GTIs while everyone else is still refreshing the order tracker once every minute for another 6 months.

Hahaha..... I like your positive outlook Bear!!! Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book, but which ever way you spin it there's no getting away from the fact that we may be looking at 5-6 months before we take delivery of our "Shiny new GTi's !!! Lol.... That's like nearly half a years wait!!!!
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #141 on: 01 May 2013, 16:28 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

As a recent newcomer to the forum I would like to apologise to the many on here who will have taken the news I passed on today the wrong way. :cry:

Please do not kick the dog or take it out on her in doors as a result of me. I dont have a dog or a missus so dont have that luxury tonite and dont want to feel guilty. :sad:

Instead I will raid the bottom shelf of my cooler and may even polish my mk6, seen as I am now going to be driving it around another 5 months :angry:
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 17:51 by rick2b »
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #142 on: 01 May 2013, 18:28 »
Spoke to my dealer... said there is an issue with the build system at VW for the GTI and that they have 'parked' the order in a build slot in 'November' <gulp!> until they have rectified the issue  :cry:
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #143 on: 01 May 2013, 18:42 »
I won't be happy at all if I'm made to wait until September. VW website says order books open for sale in June. if they can't do what they say and deliver by June then I'll be cancelling my order!! VW customer services have said unconfirmed week 22 for a build, 1 week to build, 24 hours shipping etc. was told I'd have my order in June.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #144 on: 01 May 2013, 18:53 »
I won't be happy at all if I'm made to wait until September. VW website says order books open for sale in June. if they can't do what they say and deliver by June then I'll be cancelling my order!! VW customer services have said unconfirmed week 22 for a build, 1 week to build, 24 hours shipping etc. was told I'd have my order in June.

From what I have learned today from my dealer and others on here I very much doubt that you will get delivery in June.

Unless of course VW are up to old tricks and don't actually know themselves when they will be built, therefore commencing a merry-go-round of Chinese whispers.

I think for the moment, working to the theory that you will only know for definite when you will get your car, will be when you drive it out of the showroom. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 18:55 by rick2b »
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Jules Winfield

« Reply #145 on: 01 May 2013, 20:18 »
Six months?  Pah!  I waited eight months (and one day) for my GTD.

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #146 on: 01 May 2013, 20:28 »
Six months?  Pah!  I waited eight months (and one day) for my GTD.

lol - I did 9 months time for my Scirocco,
6 months the first time round to find my options hadn't been added,
Then 3 months as per my original order.
Still managed a c class paid for by the garage the last 3 months.

Looks like a GTI for Christmas at this rate
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #147 on: 01 May 2013, 21:32 »
This is getting "more" depressing by the minute... :cry:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #148 on: 01 May 2013, 21:42 »
This is getting "more" depressing by the minute... :cry:

Agreed  :angry: :cry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #149 on: 01 May 2013, 21:44 »
I'm setting my expectations for August, and more than happy to wait in all honesty as I can save more towards it.  The closer it is to winter, the sooner I'll be able to use my heated seats and heated windscreen  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep