Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316479 times)

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #130 on: 01 May 2013, 15:14 »
Am I the first with a confirmed build date?

I just contacted my dealer and he says my GTI is currently scheduled for production on Week 20, day 5! I really wasn't expecting that, judging from what I read on here.

I'm in Ireland, if that makes any shred of difference...

I would worry about your car Joe, day 5 is a Friday and you know what they say about anything built on a Friday!!  :whistle:
I'm just jealous, currently down for week 35 and really hoping that will change  :rolleyes:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #131 on: 01 May 2013, 15:16 »
Here's the lowdown from the conversation I've just had with my dealer:

They told me my car is in 'V' status, which means it's ordered with factory but not been allocated a build week (bw).

They said the GTI production has been delayed and will now be built at the same time as the GTD on the line (due to unspecified delays with its launch).

Basically all GTI/GTD orders are on hold until bw 22. Many will not show up on the VW tracking site until then, even if the car has been acknowledged by the factory in Germany.

So, many of us will not find out our build weeks until bw 22-23.

What else, they said to expect a 20 week wait from start of order which would put many of us at delivery end of August (bw 35).

So, its exactly like my Scirocco order back in 2009... 5 months from order to build. Sheesh.

That's all I know but I thought I'd share it with you information hungry folks :laugh:
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 15:47 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #132 on: 01 May 2013, 15:22 »
Nice one H-F-O

Well if the cars get too popular there will be a lucrative market in selling your build slot!!!  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 15:24 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #133 on: 01 May 2013, 15:28 »
Can't believe it..... That's the most depressing news I've heard in ages.... August!!!!! I'm gonna go slit my wrists  :cry:

Could explain why my dealer was so keen for me to sign on the dotted line.. If I had known the wait was going be this long I may looked at other alternatives....
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #134 on: 01 May 2013, 15:31 »
Can't believe it..... That's the most depressing news I've heard in ages.... August!!!!! I'm gonna go slit my wrists  :cry:

Could explain why my dealer was so keen for me to sign on the dotted line.. If I had known the wait was going be this long I may looked at other alternatives....

I wouldn't worry just yet, these things have a habit of changing.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #135 on: 01 May 2013, 15:32 »

Chin up!  Just think how early it will be compared to people making orders now.  We're the lucky ones who will be driving around in our shiny new GTIs while everyone else is still refreshing the order tracker once every minute for another 6 months.

Ok, so I'm clutching at straws... but still, half full?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 01 May 2013, 15:35 »
Am I the first with a confirmed build date?

I just contacted my dealer and he says my GTI is currently scheduled for production on Week 20, day 5! I really wasn't expecting that, judging from what I read on here.

I'm in Ireland, if that makes any shred of difference...

I would worry about your car Joe, day 5 is a Friday and you know what they say about anything built on a Friday!!  :whistle:
I'm just jealous, currently down for week 35 and really hoping that will change  :rolleyes:

Haha!
I'm a bit skeptical to be honest, judging by everyone's posts on here... how can I have a build week of 20 when everyone here either has no build date at all or something ridiculous like mid August? Surely if they are building my GTI, then there is no hold up on the production line? Different production line for different markets? Hardly...

Having said that, when I ordered my MK6 GTD I also had it within approx 9-10 weeks of ordering... and people on here were waiting twice as long as that if not longer. Maybe VW are slower for some markets, for whatever reason.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #137 on: 01 May 2013, 15:36 »
So basically its the same nonsense as the Mk 6 GTI.  I don't think anyone should hold their breath for a delivery day prior to 1st September.  I know some of you will see the benefit in that with the new 63 plate but I certainly don't - as much as I expected this to happen I'm still very disappointed that it will now be September before I get my hands on my car.

(unts  :angry:

(excuse the language!)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #138 on: 01 May 2013, 15:51 »

Chin up!  Just think how early it will be compared to people making orders now.  We're the lucky ones who will be driving around in our shiny new GTIs while everyone else is still refreshing the order tracker once every minute for another 6 months.

Ok, so I'm clutching at straws... but still, half full?

I'll just add that quite often they are not built or delivered in sequence of the date they're ordered. In reality someone could order next week and receive their car before someone who ordered on day 1.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 15:55 by AAddict »

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #139 on: 01 May 2013, 15:53 »
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 15:54 by AAddict »