Author Topic: Stop/Start Issue  (Read 3848 times)

Offline LJS7

• Not said much yet
Stop/Start Issue
« on: 23 July 2014, 14:03 »
Hi all

For some reason my stop start has decided to stop working. I know in the winter the engine needs to be warm enough but obviously that isn't an issue at the moment.

10minutes into a journey, engine oil temp 103 degrees, on a level surface, neutral with clutch up and nothing. Just the A with the line through on my MFD.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks.
MK7 GTI | 3dr | Pure White

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: Stop/Start Issue
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2014, 14:07 »
AC may be on which would prevent it from cutting out
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2014, 14:28 »
as above the air con is working hard with the heat so stop/start usually isnt available.

i usually switch it of anyway :whistle:

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2014, 15:48 »
There's an option under "Car" on the central screen which will tell you why Stop/Start is not engaging...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline LJS7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2014, 16:37 »
Cheers guys. AC isn't on.

Ok Corgi i shall have a look.
MK7 GTI | 3dr | Pure White

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2014, 17:53 »
Last time I looked to see why mine hadn't stopped it said "Engine needs to be running" No sh!t Sherlock  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2014, 20:27 »
Is Auto Hold engaged?
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2014, 21:15 »
There are a number of reasons why stop-start wouldn't engage - usually it's down to aircon or active DPF regen going on (GTD). I can ge my stop-start to work with the aircon on if it's set to 19C, 2 bars of speed and recirculation is on. Any more aircon activity than that and the car will not cut out at a junction.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2014, 23:03 »
Mine packed up last month and had to be replaced under warranty. Next time you start the engine check in the central display to see if you get an error message that pops up and the disappears a couple of seconds later.
One other thing. How much fuel have you got as it stops working if you are low on fuel irrespective of all the other things that could be causing it.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2014, 18:28 »
There are a number of reasons why stop-start wouldn't engage - usually it's down to aircon or active DPF regen going on (GTD). I can ge my stop-start to work with the aircon on if it's set to 19C, 2 bars of speed and recirculation is on. Any more aircon activity than that and the car will not cut out at a junction.
Drove up to roadworks with temporary lights tonight. Aircon was on, set to Lo and two bars of fan speed. Engine stopped, but started again after 10 seconds.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.