Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2775836 times)

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10570 on: 09 August 2020, 17:50 »
That really does put me and i'm sure many other to shame :embarrassed:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10571 on: 09 August 2020, 19:42 »
If the part number starts 1k0 why aren't people buying these from VW dealerships?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10572 on: 09 August 2020, 19:49 »
Because I don’t think it was actually ever fitted to a VW (just the Audi A3), hence it doesn’t appear as a valid orderable part from VW dealers.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10573 on: 09 August 2020, 21:22 »
Because I don’t think it was actually ever fitted to a VW (just the Audi A3), hence it doesn’t appear as a valid orderable part from VW dealers.
has anyone tried?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #10574 on: 09 August 2020, 22:22 »
If the part number starts 1k0 why aren't people buying these from VW dealerships?

Because it is only allocated to the current 2019-> Audi A3 saloon (not hatch)...

ETKA for VW shows nothing as not fitted to any VW..even thought the part was designed for the MK5 Golf & allocated a number.

Obviously bean counters decided to remove it at the last minute.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #10575 on: 10 August 2020, 10:34 »
Got the professional away from his TV for 10 minutes to give the car a proper dry  :laugh:

What a difference it makes though not having to worry about the baking sun drying it out and causing water spots.
Definitely the way to go.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10576 on: 10 August 2020, 10:52 »
Got the professional away from his TV for 10 minutes to give the car a proper dry  :laugh:

What a difference it makes though not having to worry about the baking sun drying it out and causing water spots.
Definitely the way to go.]

Looks like a great piece of kit.

I have a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster - much much smaller than your monster dryer :grin: but it does a good job of blowing the water off the car after washing / rinsing. On paintwork that’s well protected with a couple of coats of wax or sealant, there’s very little water left to dry off with a towel after using the Sidekick. I can also get around the car quicker than I can with towel drying, which is an added bonus on warm days in a hard water area where water spots are an issue. It’s also possible to blow the water out of all those annoying water traps that continue to drip water when you think you’ve finished drying - door mirror housings in particular.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10577 on: 10 August 2020, 11:13 »
Started cleaning the underside of the car and fitted the harmonic dampener to the rear subframe

you'll have to report back if it helps or if it's just snake oil and placebo effect  :grin:

I can with some degree of confidence state that is does work at reducing transmitted noise from harmonic vibrations from the rear subframe & suspension..  :cool:

Dave, seems like a good addition, is it OK to put on a car which is still under warranty?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10578 on: 10 August 2020, 11:49 »

I have a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster - much much smaller than your monster dryer :grin: but it does a good job of blowing the water off the car after washing / rinsing. On paintwork that’s well protected with a couple of coats of wax or sealant, there’s very little water left to dry off with a towel after using the Sidekick. I can also get around the car quicker than I can with towel drying, which is an added bonus on warm days in a hard water area where water spots are an issue. It’s also possible to blow the water out of all those annoying water traps that continue to drip water when you think you’ve finished drying - door mirror housings in particular.

I'm not even bothering with washing the car in the temps we have at the moment, it's hard enough at the best of times to stop it drying part way through..
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10579 on: 10 August 2020, 11:58 »

I'm not even bothering with washing the car in the temps we have at the moment, it's hard enough at the best of times to stop it drying part way through..

Me neither. Mines been washed no more than two or three times since the start of lockdown.

When I do wash it during the summer months, it’s usually early in the morning before the sun gets too high in the sky; I can then park the car in shade to minimise the risk of the bodywork getting hot and water drying on. 

Looking at the forecast for the next week, it looks as if it’ll be staying dirty for the time being.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl