Author Topic: Golf GTI TCR Options  (Read 6983 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI TCR Options
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2021, 17:22 »
Black roof was a £555 stand alone option on the TCR. It wasn't part of the Performance Pack.
7.5 GTD

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2021, 18:27 »
Black roof was a £555 stand alone option on the TCR. It wasn't part of the Performance Pack.

Ouch. That's not cheap. It'd be a pain to keep it scratch free too. Birds seem to love my car so i'm constantly trying to remove their droppings from the roof :(

Offline Steve04

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2021, 19:03 »
Thanks for that @jf111.  :smiley:
Current: Polo GTI+ 2019

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2021, 19:40 »
Just get the roof wrapped black, it's cheap, provides protection to the paint underneath and it's made to be replace when it gets tatty.  :smiley:

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 21 April 2021, 07:14 »
I think there are only about 800 TCRs in the UK so your options will already be significantly reduced compared to an R for example. However I guess it wasn’t the most customisable car as most options were standard and the ones that weren’t I don’t think many people specked (such as leather).
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2021, 07:36 »
@fredgroves; Definitely. I've got a mate who's been looking for a MK4 Golf R32 for about two years now and still can't get one he wants (very specific). I know that's a bit different as that's a much older car, but yes if I see one that is roughly what I want I'd probably go for it.  :smiley:

Thanks for the advice SRGTD. We've spoken quite a bit over on the Polo forum!

If you are in bristol then you are welcome to try mine without DCC on 18s.

Yes we have! :smiley:.

When I read your earlier posts, I was 99% certain you were S_94 from uk-polos.net as you’d previously mentioned that when the time came to replace your Polo GTI+ you’d like a mk7.5 Golf GTI TCR.

Good luck with your search. I saw a GTI TCR in grey with Reifnitz alloys yesterday and I thought it looked great  :cool:.

Haha I had a feeling you'd know it was me straight away! There's something about the TCR that has stood out to me since seeing it.

Thanks mate. Funnily enough I've only ever seen one, exactly like you mentioned in Bristol. Had to be careful as I couldn't stop staring at it while trying to drive.  :grin:
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2021, 23:11 »
Sorry, late to the party, it’s been a busy week.

I may well be the (dis)respected member representing Exeter, sitting my umpteenth term despite several scandalous car swapping incidents and mass vote rigging...  (thanks Fred  :grin: )

Where were we?

Let’s start here with the official TCR manifesto:
https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/publications/more/booklet-golf-gti-tcr-the-driving-presentation-162/download

Buying and selling limited run Golfs opens up a whole finicky and fickle enthusiast market, and it depends on how you want to play it as to which advice you need to particularly pay heed to.
Loads of proper advice here from actual owners that covers off most angles.

Being an end of line car the TCR comes with the superb adaptive LED lights and the useful rear camera as standard.
Mine had Dynaudio which was excellent.
The heated front screen was useful but not an essential.

Most love DCC but I didn’t get on with it when I had a knackered back. Generally it was good but wasn’t quick enough reacting to prevent sudden jolts being transmitted by sharp irregularities. The non adaptive suspension I have in my mk8 Clubsport doesn’t transmit crashes but is slightly bumpier than a DCC TCR. Having said that, in full sports mode the TCR DCC damping feels like you have an extra 20psi in the tyres.

Pay accordingly for the spec and you’ll get a relative amount back when selling on again. So if you want a particular spec just hold out for it.
Those that are after a certain spec will likely pay for the privilege but will be likewise rewarded (probably) on selling. Such is the way with enthusiast specials. And god almighty are some enthusiasts fussy and impossible to please, just see some of the Edition 40 threads. The wheel and suspension packs were over £2k so I’d imagine that would follow through to used prices.

If you just want a TCR to own and enjoy then it’s not critical to have one of the two optional packs.
The Belvedere alloys are very light but as jf111 said, they are prone to getting marked. It’s very easy to change the wheels though, for instance replica Reifnitz or Pretoria can be added afterwards in 18 or 19” diameters, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Watts gives a good indication of fuel usage. 98 RON and keep it under 4000rpm sees reasonable mid thirties MPG but once the higher revs pile on the engine will drink a lot more fuel.

The brakes are good, the handling excellent, the exhaust sounds are unique whether you have Akra or not, and the car has its own special look and feel amongst the range of Performance Golfs. So the rest is down to whether or not you want a specific pack, number of doors and other bits of optional spec or not.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 26 April 2021, 09:53 »
Nice one Exonian, always a great insight from you  :wink:

Thanks for the PDF link too, always like a good read.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 26 April 2021, 16:53 »
Thanks to all TCR owners for arousing my interest & giving helpful information, especially Exonian & Kpow99 (for his thoughts a while ago on buying what you feel, as we are only here once).
Just in the throws of changing my 2019 PP for a TCR. Hopefully looking to collect it Friday.
Will update with full spec once in my grubby mitts, but very excited!! :laugh:
Cheers, Chas.
TCR, Pure White, Black roof, Akra exhaust, black 19" Prets, DCC etc.

Gone - 2019, Mk 7.5 PP, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey, Keyless etc

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 27 April 2021, 14:21 »
Err, thanks guys but I don’t actually know all that much aside from spending a bit of time using the cars and relaying my thoughts. Everyone has different wants and needs so it’s very hard to be objective. I’m more of a subjective person so in different threads it’ll probably look like I prefer different things when I’m actually just trying to focus on the plusses and minuses of the particular topic from my experience and viewpoint.

Big congrats to you Chas, you’ll certainly appreciate the differences between the models. The TCR does just about everything the GTI P does then adds all sorts of dimensions to it. That’s what I love about these fairly low volume Golfs. Yes they’re a bit expensive and tread too close to the all conquering R, but they’re the sort of cars an enthusiastic owner would want to make from their standard GTI yet keeping the factory warranty and knowing it all works in harmony out of the box.
And then you can add a bit of your own extra spice too should you want...  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner