Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30105 times)

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #40 on: 06 July 2009, 20:41 »
I kind of switched off during that 'review'. Why dick turpin, why not tell us a bit about the car and why get your facts wrong with the speed of the new car over the old one. No wonder people watch top gear.

Yep, bolox review wasn't it

Red, 5 door, DSG, 18's, Lux pack and I might ask for parking sensors if the car hasnt gone into production tomorrow.  I get it Sept 1st.

I was nearly gonna get myself a white GTI but went for red even though I think white looks pretty smart.

Sure was. On a plus note, I'm ordering my car tomorrow.  :smiley:

White manual, 18" Alloys, Full leather, xenons, rcd510 + dynaudio pack, winter pack and luxury pack.

I never realised till around 1 hr ago, but one of my works clients is Arnold Clark, and their VW garage is 15 mins away from me. I couldnt get hold of the top man in the area when I called so I nipped down to the garage. Soon as I mentioned his name and number the salesman just held his hands up, said whatever price 'Mr x' gives you we just work in a different way and you'll get a great deal through him directly as we do work for Arnold Clark. So I'm a tad excited about tomorrow when I call from work.

What spec you getting
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #41 on: 06 July 2009, 20:45 »
I kind of switched off during that 'review'. Why dick turpin, why not tell us a bit about the car and why get your facts wrong with the speed of the new car over the old one. No wonder people watch top gear.

Yep, bolox review wasn't it

Red, 5 door, DSG, 18's, Lux pack and I might ask for parking sensors if the car hasnt gone into production tomorrow.  I get it Sept 1st.

I was nearly gonna get myself a white GTI but went for red even though I think white looks pretty smart.

Sure was. On a plus note, I'm ordering my car tomorrow.  :smiley:

White manual, 18" Alloys, Full leather, xenons, rcd510 + dynaudio pack, winter pack and luxury pack.

I never realised till around 1 hr ago, but one of my works clients is Arnold Clark, and their VW garage is 15 mins away from me. I couldnt get hold of the top man in the area when I called so I nipped down to the garage. Soon as I mentioned his name and number the salesman just held his hands up, said whatever price 'Mr x' gives you we just work in a different way and you'll get a great deal through him directly as we do work for Arnold Clark. So I'm a tad excited about tomorrow when I call from work.

What spec you getting

Thats a sweet spec too. Long long wait times on these GTI's the dealer said to me tonight. Said going up to 16 weeks in some cases depending on spec and oh yeah, just remembered, he aint heard anything about any price rise either, not sure if it's true or if he just hasnt heard the news etc yet.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 06 July 2009, 20:53 »
Guys, unless you are super anal about exact spec, there are built cars in Germany ready to go.  I got my kids 10 days after ordering, shipped straight over from Germany.

Why wait?

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #43 on: 06 July 2009, 20:56 »
Tell me about it, its been 10 weeks since i ordered and i still have not got a build week!!!
« Last Edit: 06 July 2009, 20:58 by neilgcal »

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 06 July 2009, 20:57 »
Guys, unless you are super anal about exact spec, there are built cars in Germany ready to go.  I got my kids 10 days after ordering, shipped straight over from Germany.

Why wait?

What sort of spec do they have on them ? Have you heard of any ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 06 July 2009, 20:58 »

Thats a sweet spec too. Long long wait times on these GTI's the dealer said to me tonight. Said going up to 16 weeks in some cases depending on spec and oh yeah, just remembered, he aint heard anything about any price rise either, not sure if it's true or if he just hasnt heard the news etc yet.

Tell me about it, its been 10 weeks since i ordered and i still have not got a build week!!!

Did you ever call the dealer to get that looked into mate ?

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 06 July 2009, 21:01 »
Yeah they called me last week to say that thery were still waiting on a build week so they think it will be August it arrives rather than the end of this month.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 06 July 2009, 21:02 »
I should check that out if i was you,i ordered 22nd may,dealer says build week 27,dealer told my wife the other day he thinks it will be in by the end of july.They should be able to give you a build date at least.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 06 July 2009, 21:03 »

Why wait?

What sort of spec do they have on them ? Have you heard of any ?

Dealers will tell you all sorts of twaddle about allocation but find a decent dealer, tell them you are READY to go and a rough spec and watch what they come up with. I told them I wanted a 5 door with a manual box and 18" Monzas, they came back with white, black or red with varying specs, the red did it for me and was very very close to my ideal spec.  

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
« Reply #49 on: 06 July 2009, 21:18 »
I did the same. Wanted black, 18s and leather....dealer found one already built..just had the winter pack extra to my spec...but saying that only a 3 weeks wait  :smiley: