Author Topic: Newbie here... I need your opinions!  (Read 17823 times)

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
Re: Newbie here... I need your opinions!
« Reply #80 on: 11 November 2014, 22:48 »
I got these ones

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321034654782

You can use yours as Christmas lights!!

For exhausts I have heard steel wool, autosol and loads of elbow grease works. I tried with Brasso and it did part of the job. Next time I'm using autosol!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #81 on: 11 November 2014, 23:14 »
No worries mate  :smiley:

Haha, that's why they are so cheap for 20, gotta give 'em away.  Looking forward to seeing your xenons when they go on, assuming you can get them coded right :grin:

Pfft i wont be coding them myself i can assure you of that, i never touched any sort of coding before or anything so i wont even bother.

Will be using this company: http://www.vagtechnik.co.uk/ even if i dont get them working 100% right, i still feel as though they'll update the front end of the car nicely...

Also... (just checked out your pics) how do you get your exhaust so damn clean? Mines actually black, not a single bit of chrome on it  :undecided: And is your MFD the Highline one and colour? Looks so nice... and Pristine...

Thanks mate  :smiley:

The xenons will transform the front  :cool:

For your exhaust - Mothers Mag and Aluminium Polish, imo beats Autosol hands down (which I used to use).  If they are really caked with carbon then you might need to use some fine grade 000 steel wool initially, but go careful, to avoid inflicting scratch marks.  Other than that it's elbow grease.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mothers-Mag-Aluminium-Polish-5oz/dp/B00068GEJM

To be fair I've had my car from new and detailing is a hobby so my tailpipes have never been allowed to get in a state.  If I'm driving and the car in front has sooty pipes I have this overwhelming urge to get out and polish 'em up!  :grin: :undecided:  :laugh:

Yep it's a colour Highline MFD.
« Last Edit: 11 November 2014, 23:19 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #82 on: 12 November 2014, 11:24 »
Haha I actually got my interior LED's off ebay! I bought a complete set for I think around £20. It's just the American forums all rave about the DEAutokey ones cos they're really good and really bright. Can't justify paying a fortune for a bunch of LED's all the way from America
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #83 on: 12 November 2014, 12:00 »
Just a quick update on my car that was sold to me with 39200 miles on... instead of the 36000 miles that was advertised.
Sent this email just now:

Hi Adam,

I feel as though the sum of £200 in compensation for a car with 3192 more miles on it than advertised is a somewhat meagre sum, considering i paid a difference of £789.

I'm sure you've heard of it, but under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 it states this:

The Law

When you buy a used vehicle from a trader you are making a legally binding contract. You have legal rights against the trader under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

The vehicle should be:

- As described - the vehicle should correspond with any description applied to it. In some circumstances, the trader may be liable for any statement made by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

The vehicle (VW MK6 Golf GTI 2011), was NOT sold to me as described, it was sold to me with 39192 miles on, however it was described as 36000 miles.

If the vehicle is faulty , you are legally entitled to request one of the following remedies:

a full refund
compensation (damages)
repair or replacement
rescission or reduction in price

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 prohibits commercial practices that are unfair to consumers. If a trader misleads you or engages in an aggressive commercial practice and you make a decision to purchase a vehicle which you would not otherwise have done, the trader may be in breach of the regulations. For example, a trader may fail to inform you that the vehicle has previously been accident damaged or may claim it is 'sold as seen' to avoid their responsibilities to you. If you have been misled, report it to Citizens Advice consumer service for investigation by trading standards.

According to you, there was great interest in the car, not only did you mislead me by stating the car had 36000 miles, but you also applied pressure by saying someone else was interested, however at this point i was still undecided and may not have made the decision to purchase the car. I needn't say i was also uninformed of the increased mileage on the cars odometer.

Internet sales
If you decide to buy a used vehicle online from a trader, you have the samelegal rights to expect that it is of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described as you have when buying from a trader's premises.. The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 give you additional rights because the contract you enter into is concluded at a distance and without face-to-face contact with the trader.

The vehicle I purchased from Vindis Volkswagen Bedford was NOT fit for purpose, neither was it as described due to the mileage being 3200 more than i had expected! I needn't state The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, as my additional rights without face to face contact are clear.

Aside from the Sales of Goods Act 1979, these following factors spring to mind!

- I have it in writing that the car you sold me was at 36063 miles, with your signature and date on it being 08/11/14 (Das Welt Auto 30 day/1000 mile agreement, Used Vehicle        Order… and GARDX certificate).
- Lack of communication within the dealership, between the service department and sales team (as the service book states 39192 miles).
- Negligence on your behalf of failing to look thoroughly through the documents and service book

I hope to hear back from you today, as i have already rang requesting a call back.

Regards,

Harry Norman.

2011 3dr Mk6 GTI in CSG - Manual - RNS510/Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Optical Parking Assist - 18'' BBS SR Satin Grey - Few other bits' n bobs

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #84 on: 12 November 2014, 13:43 »
Just to clear one thing up Harry, did you agree to buy the car without seeing it first?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #85 on: 12 November 2014, 14:07 »
Just to clear one thing up Harry, did you agree to buy the car without seeing it first?

yeah was over the phone, when i asked him the mileage it was 36000. But anyway, its been resolved now.
2011 3dr Mk6 GTI in CSG - Manual - RNS510/Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Optical Parking Assist - 18'' BBS SR Satin Grey - Few other bits' n bobs

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #86 on: 12 November 2014, 15:45 »

yeah was over the phone, when i asked him the mileage it was 36000. But anyway, its been resolved now.

To your satisfaction I hope.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11