Author Topic: Revs slow to reduce???  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Sirminty

• Not said much yet
  • '96 16v GTI, on the lonely south coast
Revs slow to reduce???
« on: 29 November 2009, 17:08 »
Hello folks
This is my first post on this forum as i have only just aquired my mk3.
Just a couple of odd questions, When the engine on my Gti 16v is revved it goes up the range fine but when coming down it seems to pause around the 2k mark and then come down to idle speed :huh: this isn't really a problem just a little odd? is it normal or is there something i can do to rectify it.
Also my drivers side headlight is falling apart internally!!! any suggestions on where to get a new pair or just one from and is it worth looking at angel eyes?? I've had them on previouse cars but not sure if they'll suit the squarer lines of the golf????
Any tips would be much appreciated

Miky

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Revs slow to reduce???
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2009, 01:16 »
hi welcome

could possibly be your throttle cable sticking next to the throttle body (worth giving the whole kaboodle a clean).. just a thought...

lights - your basic options are

keep as standard
smoked standard
angel eyes
morettes

i have hella celis angels in mine, not to everyones taste mind you... but i like em...

if you're after a replacement standard then prolly a scrappy is your best option

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2009, 01:20 »
/slightly off topic

1. can headlights be taken apart and internals etc swapped about? I have never looked at them closely
2. if = yes then I *think* I have a pair lying about somewhere with broken mountings if OP wants to collect (wokingham)

Offline Sirminty

• Not said much yet
  • '96 16v GTI, on the lonely south coast
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2009, 20:24 »
Cheers for the help guy will try giving it all a clean and go from there.

Still not sure what to do with the lights think you can take them apart but may be lazy and grab one from the scrappy until i can decide, has to be said your lights do look nice, but then saw some smoked mains and fogs on a black one similar to mine, with the suspension in now it will look quite menacing :evil:. ahh to many choices :tongue: