Author Topic: Assuming turbo fault but it's my first gt tdi helpppp!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Zoeandmygolf

• Just got here
I have had two weeks of bad luck, money and cars!!!
So my old 1.4 golf died, then while looking for a new golf (had to be a golf) I lost my F-ing car keys!
Then things looked up and I brought a '03 1.9 gt tdi 130,000
Then I spent ages yesterday in the immense heat drilling the lock on my old car, fitting a new lock, stealing parts and swapping wheels over ect..... I drove 3 15mins trips in the space of an hour, got to work, then 8hrs later I was off home and this is where the purpose of my post comes in!
I think my turbo has gone but I don't want to believe it! I didn't notice much at first as I didn't go above 20mph then I eventually got to 30mph and the car didn't sound too pretty, quite loud and clunky and it just wasn't picking up speed like it should. Anyway I pulled over and drove back to work and parked up. (I Panicked and headed to safety!) I revved the car when I parked up to see when abouts the noise started and sure enough it was at 2000rpm, a couple more revs later and I was the one choking... karma?! (See below! :)
Previous to this the car was a little smokey if I was sat in traffic, and had a slightly more visible plume when pulled away. And there's the time I nearly choked a cyclist as I over took him (poor poor bloke!) doesn't seem to smoke any other time and has a new mot and it's a blue smoke. I've only had the car just over a week, Driven to London and back to Portsmouth twice and it's been ok.

I have done some research already about checking the sensors and the hoses going to and from the turbo and getting the car on the vagcom. I was wondering if some one would be able to give me an idea of where the things are that I'm supposed to check! I know I'm asking the same question as all the others that have come before but after getting as far as I did and learning about door locks I feel a bit disgruntled!!
I need picture diagrams with arrows and circles!! I want to be able to check things like this on my own and after reading other posts and stuff I think I have a good idea of things I can start checking I just don't know where I'm looking!
And that bring us up to right this very minute!

my fingers are crossed that any replies are 'don't worry it's only....'

Thanks if you read through my ramble! :) have a super evening!