Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529408 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #650 on: 04 July 2016, 17:55 »
Stunning pics as always Bec.

I've been a bit busy recently to get chance to come on here. Also the cleanliness of the car is suffering. It's gotten to the point now I actually can't remember the last time I gave it any sort of clean, let alone a proper 2-bucket wash (I realise if I looked further back down this thread I'd be able to find out!)  :shocked: :embarrassed:

Hoping for a break in the weather as I will have time Thursday or Friday morning this week to get it done. Fingers crossed!
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #651 on: 04 July 2016, 22:56 »
Stunning pics as always Bec.

I've been a bit busy recently to get chance to come on here. Also the cleanliness of the car is suffering. It's gotten to the point now I actually can't remember the last time I gave it any sort of clean, let alone a proper 2-bucket wash (I realise if I looked further back down this thread I'd be able to find out!)  :shocked: :embarrassed:

Hoping for a break in the weather as I will have time Thursday or Friday morning this week to get it done. Fingers crossed!

Cheers Dave.

Yeah it can be hard find time for this car malarkey sometimes.  Hope you get a chance to get yours done very soon.  Fingers and toes crossed for you.  Sure it will looking back to its beautiful best soon.  :smiley: 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #652 on: 04 July 2016, 23:11 »
Good weather in Norfolk today, so having got the new Motorsport wheels on last week, gave the Polo a bit of attention.

3 bucket method, wheels cleaned with Wheel Woolies and WoWo Wheel Mitt and Autoglym shampoo. Bodywork washed with Chemical Guys Bodywash and Wax shampoo and WoWo lambswool mitt. Dried with WoWo drying towel and Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster (which I found is also good at removing the static dust off piano black interior trim and the clear plastic on the instrument dials!). Tyres dressed with FinishKare Top Kote tyre dressing. Bodywork waxed with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. The obligatory pictures;

« Last Edit: 04 July 2016, 23:13 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #653 on: 04 July 2016, 23:14 »
Good weather in Norfolk today, so having got the new Motorsport wheels on last week, gave the Polo a bit of attention.

3 bucket method, wheels cleaned with Wheel Woolies and WoWo Wheel Mitt and Autoglym shampoo. Bodywork washed with Chemical Guys Bodywash and Wax shampoo and WoWo lambswool mitt. Dried with WoWo drying towel and Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster (which I found is also good at removing the static dust off piano black interior trim and the clear plastic on the instrument dials!). Tyres dressed with FinishKare Top Kote tyre dressing. Bodywork waxed with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. The obligatory pictures;

Lovely.   :cool: :cool: :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #654 on: 04 July 2016, 23:22 »

Lovely.   :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Rebecca. Not quite up to your impeccable standard, but I'm working on it. Not sure I'll get there though! :smiley:

Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #655 on: 05 July 2016, 15:46 »
Great job SRGTD, looks really good. What area of Norfolk are you based in? I was near Sandringham at the weekend visiting my mum (we had the flag at full mast :wink:) and had a nice trip out towards Norwich along some lovely quiet Norfolk A and B roads, very relaxing! Oh, and a couple of pints of good Norfolk beer (plus a visit to the world's biggest beer shop near Kings Lynn).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #656 on: 05 July 2016, 17:06 »
Great job SRGTD, looks really good. What area of Norfolk are you based in? I was near Sandringham at the weekend visiting my mum (we had the flag at full mast :wink:) and had a nice trip out towards Norwich along some lovely quiet Norfolk A and B roads, very relaxing! Oh, and a couple of pints of good Norfolk beer (plus a visit to the world's biggest beer shop near Kings Lynn).

Thanks Watts.

I'm in South Norfolk, just south of Norwich. Yes, there are some decent quiet A and B 'driving' roads, and a fair few decent beers. We have a couple of decent pubs in my village and I'll be visiting one of them tonight for a beer or two!
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #657 on: 06 July 2016, 14:58 »
I'm in South Norfolk, just south of Norwich. Yes, there are some decent quiet A and B 'driving' roads, and a fair few decent beers. We have a couple of decent pubs in my village and I'll be visiting one of them tonight for a beer or two!

Now that sounds a very sensible plan!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #658 on: 06 July 2016, 18:40 »

Looks great Steve
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #659 on: 06 July 2016, 19:44 »

3 bucket method, wheels cleaned with Wheel Woolies and WoWo Wheel Mitt and Autoglym shampoo. Bodywork washed with Chemical Guys Bodywash and Wax shampoo and WoWo lambswool mitt. Dried with WoWo drying towel and Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster (which I found is also good at removing the static dust off piano black interior trim and the clear plastic on the instrument dials!). Tyres dressed with FinishKare Top Kote tyre dressing. Bodywork waxed with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax.

Looks great Steve

Thanks Mark!
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk