Author Topic: cheap remap.  (Read 12971 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: cheap remap.
« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2008, 09:59 »
when coming from a MK4 18t to a MK5 Gti and considering a remap right away revo were well down my list

just because I too had seen too many bad comments about Revo, particularly on MK4s, there was and still is a lot more tuners doing remaps for a lot less £££

a few people on here and they know who they are will jump in and tell everyone considering a map to get REVO and it realy is the best out there, well i'm still not convinced and the recent RR days have just confirmed that they aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.

It is a fair piont a lot of Revo dealers aren't up to speed and some are better than others, doesn't that mean that the less experienced operators shouldn't be charging upwards of£650

....I'm proud to say I'm one of those people.

All any of us can do is share our own personal experiences, good or bad, and in doing so help others in their decisions. That's what you are doing and also what I am doing. This forum and subject is about remapping the Mk5 and not the Mk4 ECU - I have no experience of the Mk4 other than stock.

When you say that "recent RR days have just confirmed that they [Revo] aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the rest", are you referring to bhp numbers or graph shapes?

I find that Revo delivers smooth plots and driveability and their aftersales service and customer care is second to none. Their advice and knowledge has even been helpful in diagnosis of other problems.

ETTO.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2008, 11:52 »
A humpy torque curve that invokes the traction control is worse than useless in the real world of autumn mornings.  Perhaps the best GTI is just a plain 197 unmodded version, with it's lovely smooth power delivery.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2008, 12:17 »
A humpy torque curve that invokes the traction control is worse than useless in the real world of autumn mornings.  Perhaps the best GTI is just a plain 197 unmodded version, with it's lovely smooth power delivery.

you have blue fin dont you? did i see you at tesco the other day?  :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2008, 12:21 »
when coming from a MK4 18t to a MK5 Gti and considering a remap right away revo were well down my list

just because I too had seen too many bad comments about Revo, particularly on MK4s, there was and still is a lot more tuners doing remaps for a lot less £££

a few people on here and they know who they are will jump in and tell everyone considering a map to get REVO and it realy is the best out there, well i'm still not convinced and the recent RR days have just confirmed that they aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.

It is a fair piont a lot of Revo dealers aren't up to speed and some are better than others, doesn't that mean that the less experienced operators shouldn't be charging upwards of£650

if revo are so good then why did your car run 230 with satge 2? have you found the fault yet? mine ran that and i was waaaaay down on power.  :huh: i dont get it. i havnt really seen anything good about revo!! even on the ed30's the power was still down than what they quoted!!

if i were to get another remap i would get GIAC. and if i had a KO4 i would certainly have got the GIAC Hammer map by now!! it would be a no brainer for me  :smiley:

....I'm proud to say I'm one of those people.

All any of us can do is share our own personal experiences, good or bad, and in doing so help others in their decisions. That's what you are doing and also what I am doing. This forum and subject is about remapping the Mk5 and not the Mk4 ECU - I have no experience of the Mk4 other than stock.

When you say that "recent RR days have just confirmed that they [Revo] aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the rest", are you referring to bhp numbers or graph shapes?

I find that Revo delivers smooth plots and driveability and their aftersales service and customer care is second to none. Their advice and knowledge has even been helpful in diagnosis of other problems.

ETTO.

GTI MK5

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2008, 12:41 »
if revo are so good then why did your car run 230 with satge 2? have you found the fault yet? mine ran that and i was waaaaay down on power.  :huh: i dont get it. i havnt really seen anything good about revo!! even on the ed30's the power was still down than what they quoted!!

As far as we know so far, not down to the Revo - The dyno graphs and fuelling were smooth and shaped etc as they should be and were just down in numbers. Milltek have fitted a later version downpipe and my butt-dyno says she's back up to power (600 miles in last few days). Another dyno session booked soon.

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2008, 12:50 »
have you got black tips now robin or are they just dirty? didnt know milltek did black tips.  :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2008, 12:53 »
have you got black tips now robin or are they just dirty? didnt know milltek did black tips.  :smiley:

^Milltek's Black Satin finest - Currently on test :afro:

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 13 October 2008, 12:56 »
think i prefere silver, although black is different! but you cant really see them, and the idea of spending a grand on an exhaust is that it neeeds to be seen... clearly  :smiley: imo  :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 13 October 2008, 12:56 »

you have blue fin dont you? did i see you at tesco the other day?  :smiley:

Bluefin works well.

Tesco? On Saturday evening, Terry was buying a top-up for his phone.  He's off (yesterday) on a trip to New Zealand for a month, Australia for two weeks, Fiji for a month over Christmas, Bali for a month over new year and three months in Thailand.

Lucky blighter.  
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 13 October 2008, 13:21 »
think i prefere silver, although black is different! but you cant really see them, and the idea of spending a grand on an exhaust is that it neeeds to be seen... clearly  :smiley: imo  :smiley:

....Does a TBE Milltek cost a grand!? I don't think it costs that much.

For my quads I think that the black very much reduces the OTT effect of having quads on a lowly 4-pot engine. Also, I'm happier just to be able to shampoo n rinse my pipes rather than use elbow grease polishing.