Author Topic: Post a pic of your MKIV  (Read 1041307 times)

Offline Kimmy

• Not said much yet
Re: Post a pic of your MKIV
« Reply #690 on: 27 January 2009, 18:28 »
Thanks mate  :smiley: Will be dropping it a bit more when get round to it, jus need to take the adjusters out of the back and lower the front some more.

Offline black_mk4_golf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #691 on: 27 January 2009, 21:04 »
Hi all.
From this

To this with help of some coilovers and 18's

did i read that uve got fk coilovers   as ive just got some an want some advice
how much have you taken the rear down on the winding up an down bit ?
coz u say ur taking out the adjuster ?

an how much is the front one wound down to so when i come to do mine i can copy your set up as its looks pretty good
if you could messure how much thread from the bottem that would help .
-  Black Golf Gti 2.0 mk4  -  Private plate  -  Black Blue Colour Concept recaro leather interior  - gti badge done with a blue ' i ' to match interior  -  R32 spoiler  - 25th Anni front splitter  -  fk highsport coilovers  -   18" nouvo black diamond cut  -

Offline Kimmy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #692 on: 27 January 2009, 23:39 »
Hi mate the back adjusters are wound all the way down and i think i had 30 mm from bottom of the adjuster to the end of the thread on the fronts. They are the highsport ones 30% stiffer, its a nice ride and not too bumpy i dont think. I dont have any rubbing problems at all but think i might if drop it some more  :grin:
« Last Edit: 27 January 2009, 23:48 by Kimmy »

Offline black_mk4_golf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #693 on: 28 January 2009, 22:01 »
really all the way down on the rears ok ill take your word for it m8 
thanks for the help thou   i lyk the ryd hight ur at   thats spot on for what im after

an yes mine are fk highsports as well

do u mind if i askk how much u paid for urs m8?
-  Black Golf Gti 2.0 mk4  -  Private plate  -  Black Blue Colour Concept recaro leather interior  - gti badge done with a blue ' i ' to match interior  -  R32 spoiler  - 25th Anni front splitter  -  fk highsport coilovers  -   18" nouvo black diamond cut  -

Offline Kimmy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #694 on: 28 January 2009, 23:00 »
Yeah all the way down on the backs mate for sure. You will prob need a different anti roll bar cus it will more than likely rub on the drivers side driveshaft but not that easy to fit  :shocked:. I think i paid around £440 for mine from venom motorsport.

Offline henrymagic14

• Just got here
« Reply #695 on: 29 January 2009, 16:22 »

Offline ponyone

• Just got here
« Reply #696 on: 29 January 2009, 17:54 »

New to the game - Black TDi and a blank customising canvas starting from.... Now

Offline ponyone

• Just got here
« Reply #697 on: 29 January 2009, 17:57 »
As you can see above it sits a bit high on the 19's.

I'm not technical in the slightest so...

What are my options sensibly as to coilovers for lowering vs usability (including can I carry 3 passengers without bottoming out)?

Also blacked the repeaters and tails but haven't got pics. Any advice on the lowering would be helpful - don't want to hammer it, maybe only 20mm or so to make it look less like a pram  :huh:
New to the game - Black TDi and a blank customising canvas starting from.... Now

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #698 on: 29 January 2009, 18:08 »
If you want to lower it 20mm you'll need coilovers as I dont think you can get springs which lower that small.
Or get some eibach pro springs and lower it 30mm  :smiley:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline black_mk4_golf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #699 on: 29 January 2009, 19:44 »
Yeah all the way down on the backs mate for sure. You will prob need a different anti roll bar cus it will more than likely rub on the drivers side driveshaft but not that easy to fit  :shocked:. I think i paid around £440 for mine from venom motorsport.

kl bruv  thanks for the quick response    im just gonne get thm drop links cba with a hole anti roll bar tooo much work lmao