Author Topic: DTUK Pedalbox  (Read 44719 times)

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
DTUK Pedalbox
« on: 02 March 2016, 21:05 »
Just had an online chat with Stuart at DTUK about a pedalbox and after reading Booths fitment thread tomorrow i'll order one and well see if really is that good!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: DTUK Pedalbox
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2016, 22:09 »
Just had an online chat with Stuart at DTUK about a pedalbox and after reading Booths fitment thread tomorrow i'll order one and well see if really is that good!

Well I like it. :laugh: Without a doubt driving is more pleasurable now. I turned it off for about 20mins the other day just to compare and Zzzz!  Unless it goes into meltdown or something, it 'aint ever coming off.  :wink:

Let us know what you think when you've fitted yours golfhappy.  Are you DSG?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2016, 23:19 »
[quote
Let us know what you think when you've fitted yours golfhappy.  Are you DSG?
[/quote]

It's a manual. I'll order tomorrow and should receive it by Friday and the car will be in a heap by Saturday  :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2016, 07:23 »
Rebecca is it just the pedal box you've got on yours and not the tuning box too? How does it get along with the dsg?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2016, 08:09 »
Rebecca is it just the pedal box you've got on yours and not the tuning box too? How does it get along with the dsg?

Just the pedal box.  Not interested in the tuning box.  So far, so good with DSG. Only had it on couple of weeks but no issues at all.  Sport feels smoother if anything.  And in Drive, it's really now as the car should be from the off IMO.  You can get a money back guarantee with them, so definitely worth a try.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2016, 13:33 »
Ive had a pedal box on for around 6 months on my pp DSG, its been faultless and I wouldn't be without it. They only time I've turned it off was driving through 4 - 5 of snow, so it wasn't aggressive.

I found Eco mode, LSD and winter tyres was a fantastic combination in the snow :laugh:
« Last Edit: 03 March 2016, 13:44 by Eccie »

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2016, 13:55 »
Ive had a pedal box on for around 6 months on my pp DSG, its been faultless and I wouldn't be without it. They only time I've turned it off was driving through 4 - 5 of snow, so it wasn't aggressive.

I found Eco mode, LSD and winter tyres was a fantastic combination in the snow :laugh:

What settings or setting do you have it on? Ordered it last night so should be here tomorrow.....tools at the ready!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2016, 14:08 »
I wouldnt rely on the 14 day money back guarentee with dtuk. I returned my tuning box within 10 days and they kept a restocking fee! ! Not good business practice really considering the site quotes a 14 day money back guarentee.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2016, 19:40 »
Had mine for 4 months now the throttle response is like night and day. I have been experimenting and found Sport to be ideal  to go with my Revo stage 2. A Honda Civic Type R didn't know what hit it the other day :evil:
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2016, 19:47 »
Has the pedalbox affected anyone's insurance or have their insurers been accommodating?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.