Author Topic: Electronic Green Mk3 CL  (Read 2837 times)

Offline McPikie

• Not said much yet
Electronic Green Mk3 CL
« on: 21 February 2022, 11:24 »
Just picked up this week, guess I better make a thread to document the journey.

First port of call will be getting it a little closer to the ground on suspension that doesn't feel like it was designed as a gyro for a boat. Then some wheel (OMG, that is an absolute minefield, I am so undecided).

Next will probably be interior. I will probably just opt for a VR trim as the OEM recaros seem to be hens teeth these days.

Vento front end I would love, but again, not many about, so may just go for some texture top bumpers, or full on poverty spec all black plastics.

Finally, I really want to do a 3.2 conversion. I love the VR grunt and noise. Yes they are heavy, no they aren't "that fast" but will be more than enough in a Mk3. But I think I have to go 5 stud conversion for that so the driveshafts fit? I've got a LOT of reading up to do.

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Electronic Green Mk3 CL
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2022, 19:40 »
That looks to be in great condition.

Rare colour - can't decide if it's amazing or a bit painful!  :laugh:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2022, 21:33 »
I think with some aesthetically pleasing wheels it would look mint (no pun intended)
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline McPikie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2022, 08:56 »
Managed to bag a set of heated black colour concept recaros and standard black leather rears  :cool:

A lad up the road has some coilovers he is selling from a breaker, so hopefully grab those this weekend too.

Offline McPikie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2022, 09:43 »
Got the seats in at weekend and gave it a good wash