Author Topic: Use of long life oil in the GTI - THE opposite viewpoint !  (Read 40431 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Re: Use of long life oil in the GTI - THE opposite viewpoint !
« Reply #100 on: 04 September 2009, 10:46 »
Thanks TT.

Liqui Moly as far as I know doesnt actually use PTFE. They use Moly / MOS2 (Obviously) but in their marketing they are very very quick to mention they dont use Teflon. I must chat to Uwe Krugel the designer about the Teflon issue you raised as being his wholesaler he isnt allowed to lie to me  :cool:

Their additives use Boron Nitrite which is pretty high spec. I dont think any of the Oils have this.

Their synthetics are group 4 PAO's so in essence they are extremely good oils with all the approvals. Their Fully Synthetics (5W40, 0W40 etc) are group 5.

The reason I ask is because I am in charge of the LM range here and we have had the Liqui Moly Oils perform better then Mobil, Fuchs and even Royal Purple Lubes down here. This has surprised both my dad and myself and the people who have used it.

I believe Liqui Moly has quite a presence in Europe and mostly Germany.

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Re: Use of long life oil in the GTI - THE opposite viewpoint !
« Reply #101 on: 04 September 2009, 10:49 »
The smell with the Pajero is gone. We have no clue what caused it but it has sorted itself out. The Pajero is hardly used these days as the father decided to invest in some Stuttgart created transport and the Pajero now sleeps outside :evil:

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.