Author Topic: Dynamic chassis control retrofit  (Read 10175 times)

Offline GTi PP

• Just got here
Re: Dynamic chassis control retrofit
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2019, 20:52 »
Wondering wether its a possible retrofit on a 7.5 gti pp?

The ACC allows me to select between the diff modes but only when its active,

Doesn't that mean the dampers exsist? Even though i do not have dcc as an option.

Cheers

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2019, 22:24 »
Unless it's been specced then you'll have standard dampers. You won't have the DCC dampers for free. You can change everything else with mode button but definitely not the dampers.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline McBreadhead

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2019, 23:53 »
Well I tried an R today with DCC on 19” Pretoria’s and it was pretty damn good. The comfort mode was sublime.

This has to be an opportunity for the tuning houses but 2k is steep. I would hope the loom is futureproofed for a start. And the ECU would surely be pre programmed. Or maybe not.

Anyway for me it’s a must have.

On a separate note the R I tried doesn’t have Sat Nav and I’ve been advised Apple Car Play at £300 would allow Google maps to be displayed. Is there any way of checking compatibility against chassis number?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 February 2019, 00:28 »
App Connect compatibility depends on which head unit is in the car.

All facelift (7.5) cars have it as standard. All cars with the MIB2 Nav Pro 2015 week 22 onwards should have it as standard. MIB2 Discover Nav should be upgradeable if the car has the App Connect icon in the menu. MIB1 head units fitted to cars built before 2015 week 22 are not compatible with App Connect. 

There's a bit more info here;-

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=284283.msg2597203#msg2597203

Or failing that try using the forum search facility at the top.
7.5 GTD

Offline McBreadhead

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 February 2019, 13:39 »
Guzzle,
Thank you - it’s a mk7 first registered around March 2016 I think. Can’t recall if it has App Connect or not but it has the small 6”? screen.

Given its reg date it’s likely the head unit is MIB2 then (with either Nav Pro or Discover Nav) and as the dealer is quoting to fit Apple CarPlay that would imply it’s got Discover Pro which is App Connect upgradable.

I will check with dealer on Monday.
McB

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2019, 13:56 »
FYI - Pretorias are a tonne lighter than normal 19s, or 18s for that matter. So it'll ride better passive or DCC.

What I'm saying is don't be surprised if yours comes on a set of different 19s and it's not as good as you remember.
'18 245PP DSG

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2019, 13:26 »
Having just had to replace the leaking front DCC shocks on my Mk7 (less than 50k miles) I would seriously reconsider getting DCC. It's good, but day to day would you really feel the difference...I doubt it. The cost of replacement is not insignificant. If I was buying a GTI again I'd go no DCC then when the time came upgrade to Bilsteins.

Greig
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2019, 16:52 »
I keep saying it.... had (non VW) DCC for years, then had a Mk7 GTD with DCC... ditched it on my current Mk7.5 GTD.... haven't looked back once.

And that's before it goes wrong...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #18 on: 19 February 2019, 22:11 »
I had it on my 2013 mk7 estate, not on my 2016 GTD as it was a pre-configured dealer offer from the lease company.

The estate cornered better when you went at it hard. I'd order it again, retrofitting though no....
I'd get one with DCC already fitted from factory.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2019, 00:56 »
People go on about 'when it goes wrong' with DCC but replacing a standard shock isn't much cheaper.

I like it because it's like having two cars in one. For what it costs from new it's a bit of a bargain too.