Author Topic: GUIDELINES TO THIS SECTION... PLEASE NOTE OR DON'T MOAN IF YOUR THREADS DELETED!  (Read 29585 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Being a mk3 owner you'll no doubt at some point suffer some issues....quite a lot are common faults and have being covered loads of times before..
try using the search function as if its being posted before you'll find the answers there.....

The regular mk3 section is for when you have a problem and can't find the answer. post up a question and it normally gets a decent answer or two.

The child board of "maintenance and info" is a section for usefull links, guidlines, how-to's etc on common problems and links to good sites for further info. hopefully this will eventually become a comprehensive guide to how to fix or improve your car.

If you have a problem with your mk3 please check the maintenance section first to see if your question has already been answered, this will both save you time, and also regular users get bored/fed up of answering questions that have been covered frequently.

also if you feel you have a usefull guide or how-to (pictures always help) then we will happily include it in the maintenance section for others to read and learn from. Just send a note to the moderators and we will have a look.

hope this helps and with luck should allow the "maintenance and info" section to become a vital resource and the regular section to remain helpfull for more random questions!

(oh yeah i borrowed this idea from the grumpy mk2 section!! Where's posts are deleted and locked when the answers are a simple search away!! I hope here were more sociable? (at least were not members of team grumpy :undecided:)

Thanks for your time....and hopefully saving some server space? (now we all know how important that is with the ammount of data they cope with)
« Last Edit: 07 February 2012, 20:40 by boneybradley »
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
May I also add, to use the search function too if you cannot find it in the maintenance and info section, as you may find that there is a thread or two on the problem you have.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well it's nearly 4 years since I wrote this and not much changes.....still too many same threads daily!!

the maintenance section is still worth a read as it covers many common issues and saves me deleting threads or reply's saying "Use the Search function"
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
What he said. Granted, I don't delete half as many threads as he does (Mr. Trigger Happy) but people need to learn there is a search function for a reason.  :kiss: