Indifferent
Not keen but not worth the money to upgrade them
Like them but upgraded anyway

Author Topic: Jacara  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Jacara
« Reply #20 on: 19 January 2019, 23:07 »
There’s a certain purity with the Jacara seats in the GTI.
I had the tartan seats in my mk5 and first mk6 GTI and loved them.
I had leather in my second mk6 (it was an Ex-demo) which I grew to like but had no hesitation in speccing Jacara for my 2013 GTI PP.
When collecting the car and sitting in the tartan cloth seats it felt a bit of a homecoming.

The mk7 sports seats are nice enough but the mk5 GTI seats were sublime.
Cost cutting.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 20 January 2019, 08:56 »
Having placed my order and showed the mrs what her new kitchen fund has purchased instead, her first reaction was ‘Can you live with those seats?’  To which I replied ‘WTF?!’  ‘They’re hideous!’ She says. I responded ‘Sacrilege! Tartan is part of the GTI heritage!’  Anyway it then occurred to me how Marmite the Jacara seats actually are. Personally I quite like them. The leather is ludicrously expensive on the Golf so that was never an option. Nor was £750 for Art Velors, my limited options budget went on wheels and DynAudio instead.

So anyway just for a bit of fun I thought I’d put up a poll to see what owners actually think of Jacara. I’m guessing most wives/girlfriends hate it but the bloke in general like it?

I find I like some variations of the Clark Plaid but not others. I would personally go for Art Velours. My wife has a MKVII GTD and she likes the monochrome plaid but like myself, prefers some versions of Clark Plaid to others. Some are too loud and busy.

I think the Clubsport S seats are the best they produced.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Philb280

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 20 January 2019, 09:45 »
When I was looking to buy a GTi my 19 &17yr old daughters though the tartan seats where awful - now I’ve got one they both love them, even the Mrs likes them which is a 1st for any of my cars .

They just look right to me.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 20 January 2019, 09:47 »
Had the monochrome Jacaranda on my previous 2 GTD’s and loved them. With the new GTI however, I fancied a change, and couldn’t afford (wanted to pay), the cost of full leather, so went for Art Velours as a middle ground, and absolutely love them, and gets quite a few comments from people travelling in the car.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 20 January 2019, 10:00 »
The things I'd do for them bucket seats. 🍆

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 20 January 2019, 10:03 »
🍆 🧐 😳
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 20 January 2019, 12:19 »
Had the monochrome Jacaranda on my previous 2 GTD’s and loved them. With the new GTI however, I fancied a change, and couldn’t afford (wanted to pay), the cost of full leather, so went for Art Velours as a middle ground, and absolutely love them, and gets quite a few comments from people travelling in the car.

Ahah, you're the guy from detailing world! :cool: I wondered if you were on here, I saw your thread on there, dropping you a PM.

:smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 20 January 2019, 15:03 »
Like some on here I'm not really a fan of tartan so I went for art velour. Yes it's overpriced but it's compromise I was willing to make. Imo it really smartens up the interior. Not a fan of full leather and VWs asking price is insane.

Offline Margy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 20 January 2019, 20:03 »
My Wife's reaction to them, "get the scotch eggs out, are we having a picnic"?
Tornado red PP, Santiagos, DCC, winter pack.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 20 January 2019, 20:28 »

Agree on the CS buckets. Best ever seat in a Golf.

TCR looks nice though...

« Last Edit: 20 January 2019, 20:29 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey