Indifferent
Not keen but not worth the money to upgrade them
Like them but upgraded anyway

Author Topic: Jacara  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Jacara
« on: 19 January 2019, 13:48 »
Having placed my order and showed the mrs what her new kitchen fund has purchased instead, her first reaction was ‘Can you live with those seats?’  To which I replied ‘WTF?!’  ‘They’re hideous!’ She says. I responded ‘Sacrilege! Tartan is part of the GTI heritage!’  Anyway it then occurred to me how Marmite the Jacara seats actually are. Personally I quite like them. The leather is ludicrously expensive on the Golf so that was never an option. Nor was £750 for Art Velors, my limited options budget went on wheels and DynAudio instead.

So anyway just for a bit of fun I thought I’d put up a poll to see what owners actually think of Jacara. I’m guessing most wives/girlfriends hate it but the bloke in general like it?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Jacara
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2019, 14:10 »
They divide opinion, we must have a thread on here every few months about it.

Personally I quite like them, and would never order leather out of principle as the cost is ridiculous IMO. The art velours is a good compromise for those that can't live with the Jacara, but I think even that is a little overpriced. 
7.5 GTD

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2019, 14:12 »
We both loved the tartan - I had leather on many cars before the GTI but didn't even think about 'upgrading'
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2019, 14:14 »

Personally I quite like them, and would never order leather out of principle as the cost is ridiculous IMO. The art velours is a good compromise for those that can't live with the Jacara, but I think even that is a little overpriced.

Yeah I did a search before posting. I couldn’t find a poll on the topic so thought it might be interesting to see what the split of opinion is.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2019, 14:17 »

Yeah I did a search before posting. I couldn’t find a poll on the topic so thought it might be interesting to see what the split of opinion is.

👍
7.5 GTD

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2019, 14:51 »
I quite like Jacara, but it does divide opinion, so I'd never spec it. If it was just me (and no kids) I'd probably go Art Velour, but I went leather for 3 reasons:

1. 2 young kids means I wanted something wipeable and resistant to their grime.
2. To have the electric driver's seat you have to spec leather.
3. The red detailing in the leather gives the cabin a touch of class.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2019, 14:59 »
Leather for BMWs, tartan for the GTI. The retro/modern styling is brilliant, imo.
The history is interesting-

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-where-vws-tartan-gti-seats-originate-from/
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2019, 15:08 »
Personally had GTI Jacara and recently the GTD Jacara (minus red colour accent) before and this time round fancied a change. Having seen and tried a mates new 7.5 GTD with Art Velour, I went with this as like the way hexagonal pattern mirrored other trim inserts outside and inside the car as well as the red lines for the door access lights in the GTI (same colour).

Still cleanable like microfibre/alcantara, but kids occasionally in the car.  My BMW is leather as no cost on the 335D and would have specced it anyway as believe the leather quality is better in the BMW than VW version, having had it before on a MK5 GT TDI 170 years ago, and it sagged and lost shape very quickly and also suffered some paint peel/colour fade as well, which hopefully doesn't happen these days?

So in the main the standard Jacara is a good option and lived with it for many years and lifts the cabin a lot. If you are like me and love VW cars GTI/GTD/R etc then you could eventually sample all the flavours anyway...

That's my thought's anyway  :smiley:
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2019, 15:21 »
Jacara is the best cloth option of any car. It’s iconic. My edition 35 had leather and my wife asked where the tartan was as she prefers it.

Some friends of mine would get in and you could see their surprise at the tartan, but they drive mpvs so clearly have no taste.  :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2019, 15:28 »
The tartan really adds some character to the cabin, I love it. The MK7.5 perforated leather looks pretty good but I don't think the quality is there anymore, my A4 had really good leather, plus quite a few areas of 'leather' isn't actually leather which isn't reflected in the cost imo.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.