Author Topic: Real World mpg - GTI PP DSG  (Read 9542 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Real World mpg - GTI PP DSG
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2018, 22:24 »

That's my best effort.

Offline Rich 3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2018, 23:04 »
Quite a variance there guys!, as has been stated I guess it's largely down to personal driving style, density of traffic and weather conditions etc.
What is fairly clear is (and, as I expected) that I would need to let go of the consistency of the diesel powered economy that I have been so used to, and this is something that more and more people will experience as they move away from diesel engines.   
2018 GTI PP dsg 5 dr DB Pearl Brecias Jacara Sunroof Privacy Glass

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 October 2018, 06:12 »

That's my best effort.

He’s looking for real world mpg!!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 10 October 2018, 07:04 »
That is real world MPG - I often achieve low to mid 40's on my commute to work without trying so I thought I'd give eco mode a go.

Offline Shandy77

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 10 October 2018, 13:20 »
I have a stage 1 tuned mk7 (PP) and use the car daily for an hours commute. This is mixed motorway and B-road, generally get mid-30's but can easily get 40mpg if I try. Overall I have been very impressed with the consumption / performance balance.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 10 October 2018, 14:07 »
That is real world MPG - I often achieve low to mid 40's on my commute to work without trying so I thought I'd give eco mode a go.

It was just you quoted as 'this is my best'. I could freewheel down to Chesterfield and probably get 60mpg but it doesn't really mean anything!

If low 40's is your average then that's probably more useful to the OP. As previously it does completely depend on the type of roads, traffic, hills and your right foot. If you enjoy using the engine as intended, you probably won't get 40. But that's why there's a GTD.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #26 on: 10 October 2018, 16:16 »
Over 4 years/30k I would say I’ve averaged around 30-33 mpg; mixed road use, i dont do a lot of motorway and don’t do a lot of rush hour driving.

Mine is a Mk7 dsg pp with extra weight (sunroof) I drive sensibly, have fun moments & never really think about mpg unless I do a big cruise (then I’m impressed with 38-40 out of a GTi!) I’m 50 don’t know the price of petrol or milk (must be my age!)

Offline Ryanfsr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 10 October 2018, 19:40 »
I'm doing about 60 miles a day commute; 350 ish miles a week in my Mk7.5 GTi PP.

Covered around 4500 miles since the end of June, and averaging 37mpg.

No motorways, just a mix of A and B roads between Northamptonshire and Gaydon. Fairly normal driving style with the occasional blast on the straights every now and again!  :smiley:

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 10 October 2018, 23:08 »

It was just you quoted as 'this is my best'. I could freewheel down to Chesterfield and probably get 60mpg but it doesn't really mean anything!

If low 40's is your average then that's probably more useful to the OP. As previously it does completely depend on the type of roads, traffic, hills and your right foot. If you enjoy using the engine as intended, you probably won't get 40. But that's why there's a GTD.

The OP is asking how economical the DSP PP is and all I'm doing is giving him an example of what can be achieved when driven economically. If you wanted all out fun and no economy you wouldn't be driving a Golf.

Offline Patagonian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 11 October 2018, 21:09 »
The mpg figures I quoted in post 8 represented typical journeys but I've now dug out my little black book and looked at the figures for each tank.
So worse case was 31.8 and the best 39.8.............overall average has been 36.7.
i do very little motorway driving, in fact I don't think I've been on one since August.