Author Topic: Leather vs Cloth Seats  (Read 16234 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Leather vs Cloth Seats
« Reply #40 on: 04 October 2018, 12:45 »
I particularly hate that VW shove leather on the run outs as if its something they assume in the UK everyone wants.

I guess they do this to use up the stock of pleather seat covers that no one has ordered as an overpriced option.

If leather is a must have, it's perhaps best to wait until the run out models before ordering a new car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 04 October 2018, 12:54 »
It always seems that those who criticise leather are the ones who would like it but wont/cant afford it.
All my future cars will have leather, £2k well spent IMO.

Fortunately there will not be a leather seat centre in sight on the 718 GTS.

Off topic - I love Porsches but £60k (basic price) for a porker with a 4 cylinder engine....  :shocked:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #42 on: 04 October 2018, 14:16 »
Off topic - I love Porsches but £60k (basic price) for a porker with a 4 cylinder engine....  :shocked:

Interestingly (or not) Compared to the internet and 1976 prices, in 1976, a Porsche 912 was an extra 77.25% above the price of a Golf GTI. Today the 718 is just an extra 53% of the entry level GTI list price.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 04 October 2018, 17:51 »
Bit controversial but I don't really like the tartan cloth, I didn't want to spec leather but the car I now drive had everything else matching my ideal spec and was available straightaway so I took it.

Ultimately I'm very pleased with how they look and feel, no issues there. But in hindsight the cost vs. improved looks (in my opinion) isn't justifiable so next car I'll be more patient and wait for the exact spec I want rather than compromising.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 04 October 2018, 18:14 »
Bit controversial but I don't really like the tartan cloth, I didn't want to spec leather but the car I now drive had everything else matching my ideal spec and was available straightaway so I took it.

Ultimately I'm very pleased with how they look and feel, no issues there. But in hindsight the cost vs. improved looks (in my opinion) isn't justifiable so next car I'll be more patient and wait for the exact spec I want rather than compromising.

Nothing controversial there, glad you are pleased. Horses for courses, had leather in my Audi which I loved, I just prefer the tartan in the GTI as it adds some needed colour to the cabin.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #45 on: 04 October 2018, 19:44 »

Lived there for 4 years and loved it. Proper hot in the summer - it actually felt more comfortable in Afghan at 50 than in Cyprus at 40. Must be a drier heat when you're not on an island in the med.

No issues with you - your comments weren't the one's I took issue with (although probably looked like that as I quoted your post). I remember you asking for advise regarding getting a golf over to Cyprus - hope you got something sorted.

no worries mate.  Ah you remember that... after a lot of deliberation and drooling over a couple of Rs/GTIs, I decided it wasn't worth the risk with the limited warranty and such and opted for a brand new 1.4 TSI with the complete R line package, which isn't the fastest but impressive all around as well... Will revisit GTI territory once the house mortgage allows it.  And yes, 40 in Cyprus with all the humidity, that's something isn't it...
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r