Author Topic: Wobble Bolts?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline pendulum1997

• Not said much yet
Wobble Bolts?
« on: 12 April 2018, 20:15 »
I've recently purchased a set of Konig Hypergram wheels from their only distributor here in the UK, they shall remain nameless just now! They have been nothing short of a terrible company to deal with, they take your money and don't care after that!

Anyway, they have sent me 5x114.3 PCD with 73.1 centre bore wheels when i have ordered 5x112 66.56 centre bore as that is obviously the standard for modern VAG cars (they claim Konig don't make 5x112 wheels when it states differently on their website :shocked:) , they have included wobble bolts that have a loose collar on the bolts, this allows the wheel to fit onto the car and obviously the spigot ring for the centre bore. Has anyone had experience with wobble bolts to fit wheels before or should i just refuse them straight up? The wheels being the only thing that stand in the way of me being on the road or into a brick wall it's not something i want to be dicing with death with. Dealing with this companies customer support has been a massive PITA and returning the wheels seems like pulling teeth!
2014 3 door Manual Carbon Grey GTI
18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams, Various OBD11 tweaks.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Wobble Bolts?
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 22:37 »
Is 66.56 the correct centre bore? Thought it was 57.1. I'd be returning those and getting a refund if it were me. They haven't supplied what you ordered.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline pendulum1997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2018, 23:04 »
No but I have hub centric rings so that they’ll be centered properly, plenty people use them without issue as not every wheel manufacturer uses the VAG 57.1mm size. Just the wobble bolts I’m unsure of, even by name they sound disconcerting lol
2014 3 door Manual Carbon Grey GTI
18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams, Various OBD11 tweaks.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2018, 23:11 »
They do sound strange  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

physio

« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2018, 08:42 »
If you go onto U tube there is a short clip on there fitting alloys onto a mk 6 using wobble bolts
Seems to work ok

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2018, 10:06 »
Personally I would return them as they are not the correct specification for the car.

I really do not like anything that may potentially compromise safety on a performance car.

If there were to be a situation where the car was damaged and the insurance company checked the car over, would they be happy with this fitment?

I don't know the definitive answer, but have a strong doubt they would be fine with non standard wheels with "wobble bolts".

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2018, 13:03 »
As was said above, you might run into issue with your insurance running these. there are so many after market wheels that do fit the MK7 perfectly so why compromise ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2018, 15:12 »
Send them back.

If you were trying to be 'well cool' and desperate to fit unusual wheels to your car..... maybe they would be worth it. Even then, never been convinced on wobble bolts. Proper wheel adapters are a different kettle of fish.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2018, 19:34 »
As was said above, you might run into issue with your insurance running these. there are so many after market wheels that do fit the MK7 perfectly so why compromise ?

I would be surprised if any insurance company would insure any vehicle fitted with them.

Offline Spud122

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2018, 21:05 »
I agree with most replies so far.
I personally wouldn't be happy using wobble bolts due to possible insurance issues and i would be concerned about safety also.
Stewart