Author Topic: House Break In  (Read 2899 times)

Offline DubmanSam

• Not said much yet
House Break In
« on: 29 March 2018, 07:47 »
So, after 9 months of ownership and looking out the window every morning with a sigh of relief that my cars still there my worst nightmares were almost realised

Heard a bang at half 2 and the patio door was busted open, must have gotten spooked by it as he retreated, luckily I don't think he even entered the house properly and the one night I leave my car keys downstairs luckily he went nowhere near them, nothing else taken

So the house is going full Fort Knox, what else are people doing for security? Steering wheel lock? I also have Kessy so thinking some sort of Faraday lock box upstairs
2016 MK7 Golf GTI PP Solid White, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge Intake Pipe, CTS Turbo Inlet, Pipercross Filter, Rear Wiper Delete, 10mm Spacers Front, 15mm Spacers Rear, VCDS tweaks, ST Suspension RARB, 034 Motorsport Engine Mounts, Centre Resonator Delete, REVO Turbo Muffler Delete, Sachs Performance Clutch, S3 Short Shifter, Clutch Bump Stop, Clutch Delay Valve Removed

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: House Break In
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2018, 09:01 »
Get two Faraday bags, one for every day key and one for your spare. A lot of people forget about the spare. I got my bag from Amazon. Defender Signal Blocker it's called works a treat.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2018, 09:03 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2018, 09:39 »
A mate just had his 6m old TTS stolen from his house. Broke into the garage and took the keys and away.

You can get a good wireless alarm system fitted for about £500 and CCTV is a good deterrent also.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2018, 10:21 »

So the house is going full Fort Knox, what else are people doing for security? Steering wheel lock? I also have Kessy so thinking some sort of Faraday lock box upstairs
you can disable the door handles with vcds/obdeleven if needed

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2018, 10:30 »
If you disable the door handles how do you get in the car?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2018, 10:33 »
If you disable the door handles how do you get in the car?
sunroof silly :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2018, 11:52 »
The sensors for kessie, not the actual door handles 🤪

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2018, 12:54 »
I'm signing up for an Audi A4 lease - it has push button 'keyless' start but the key fob is needed to open the doors in the normal way. Seems like thats a better system compared with the fully KESSY as you get the traditional security plus the nice start button to press.

Offline HQ786

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2018, 20:51 »
Leave all house lights on, leave tv on, put radio on. No one will break into your house.  :laugh:

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #9 on: 16 April 2018, 09:19 »
The Building Research Organisation undertook a study some years ago talking to burglars, the biggest deterrent to them was the fear of being seen, CCTV obviously falls into that category, but also good lighting, not the PIR operated, but permanent lighting, cheaper now that LEDs a readily available.