Author Topic: 23W6 Field Measure/Recall  (Read 11882 times)

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
23W6 Field Measure/Recall
« on: 14 February 2018, 16:38 »
I logged onto erWin to download some documents and when I inputted my VIN it flagged an outstanding field measure for my MK7 GTD - 23W6. It is something lambda probe related. Does anyone know anything about this and if this recall includes a software update or is it a simple hardware swap out of the potentially faulty lambda probe(s?). If it includes any type of software update with the potential that it is any way connected to emissions/dieselgate then I shall be very wary indeed... I'd really prefer not to have my car de-tuned and less fuel efficient thank you very much VW. I see that 23W6 is mentioned elsewhere on this forum where another member was charged for it in error but no information on any software update. I did a bit of research on some German forums and some say it does not include any software update and some say it does. Ideally if anyone had access to the dealer info/TPI/TSB details on the work required that would be ideal. Any VW techs on here??

They say that EU6 engines are not affected by the diesel emissions issue but we've been lied to at least once before so I don't trust them...

The information I received is -

CON. NO.: 1
FIELD MEASURES: 23W6
START: 24.11.2017
DESIGNATION: S-Lambda probe EA288
CRITERION: 01

Any VW techs on here that could shed any light from an official source on this?

Thanks  :smiley:

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
Re: 23W6 Field Measure/Recall
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2018, 11:14 »
Nobody??  :huh:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2018, 11:53 »
From elsewhere:

The replacement of the 2nd lambda probe (post catalytic converter) has nothing to do with the dieselgate. Only some production periods are affected and only vehicles with a Bosch lambda probe (there also lambda probes by manufacturer NTK). The replacement has the indication 23w6 (don't know if it's the same number outside Germany).

The document for 23w6 says that the lambda probe may become defective due to "hydrothermal aging".
The replacement is free of charge.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2018, 12:14 »
Thanks for the info.
I believe my car has a Bosch lambda probe (number 2/post cat) as it was one of the first GTD's produced (build date - 17/06/2013) and I see VW made a production change from a Bosch part (part number 03L906262R) to NTK part (04L906262) from the 25/05/2015 onwards for the CUNA and CRLB engines (possibly others too).

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2018, 12:12 »
23W6 is a service campaign and the repair includes replacement parts only, no software is included and is not related to EA189 emissions service action.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2018, 12:51 »
Perfect info thanks  :wink:

You work for VW??

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2018, 06:53 »
Eu6 engines are definitely not affected by emissions campaign. As for being lied to what exactly have VW lied to you about??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2018, 18:12 »
Eu6 engines are definitely not affected by emissions campaign. As for being lied to what exactly have VW lied to you about??

Thanks for the input.

In relation to the topic being referred to in this thread it would be the emissions level of their diesel vehicles that had been fitted with cheat device software that they have lied to me about. They then lied to me about the EA189 engine emissions fix having no negative affect on the car after it has been implemented. They are two areas in which I personally have been lied to by Volkswagen. I have also been lied to in the past by agents representing Volkswagen i.e. Volkswagen dealers in relation to used car history, work carried out in their workshop and the engine oil used in their workshop. But that is just me. There are also the millions of customers Volkswagen lied to about the emissions level of their diesel vehicles that had been fitted with cheat device software. There was the EPA and several other regulatory agencies they lied to when the emissions issue was first investigated etc. etc. etc.

I’ll just leave these here –

free image hosting services

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2018, 20:30 »
But the EA189 is a Euro5 engine not EVER fitted to a Mk7 Golf....

Some people were lied to, but not Mk7 owners.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2018, 20:47 »
And you weren't lied to by Volkswagen about emmisions either. The so called cheat devices were used in the US not anywhere else. We don't even test for NoX emissions over here so don't understand your gripe.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.