Author Topic: EPC Light  (Read 5156 times)

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: EPC Light
« Reply #10 on: 26 February 2018, 10:35 »
Plenty of them on EBay...Halfords probably sell them as well. I use an 'AUTEL'  and it has never let me down, but others may recommend another brand.

It's a really easy process to follow and most scanners will have instructions included...just make sure that the one you get is suitable for the VAG vehicles, because not all of them are. Mine will work on all types and cost me about 20 pounds (over here). The plug in point for your car is behind the short piece of facia, just above your ashtray...it just unclips.

Let us know how you get on.

This is the one I have..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/262446672659?rt=nc

Once that page opens, scroll down for more stuff and info.
« Last Edit: 26 February 2018, 12:14 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2018, 13:02 »
Actually, since I posted the above, just out of curiosity, I hooked mine up to the Autel site and was dismayed to see that they no longer provide tech support for this model...

TBH, if you are keen on doing this sort of stuff yourself, I would opt for either a later model, or even another brand.
Foxwell make some good stuff, but at a higher price.

Sorry for messing you about...my model does work fine, but you may want more functions than I am used to.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 04:14 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2018, 14:22 »
I'd just go straight to VCDS.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 26 February 2018, 15:44 »
Might be a bit of an overkill...just to turn off a light.