Author Topic: Mk 7.5 Front Assist  (Read 3923 times)

Offline naxcars

• Not said much yet
Mk 7.5 Front Assist
« on: 21 January 2018, 13:09 »
Do we think that VW have a design floor here?

Had the Vehicle Status for impaired front assist today after 700 miles.  quick clean of the VW badge and all cleared.  Surely a bit for rain and sleet shouldn't need me to stop the car and clean before a system operates without warning signs :(
2014 Golf GTI Performance Pack: Nav & Rear Parking Camera, DTUK FRS+

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Mk 7.5 Front Assist
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2018, 13:49 »
Well on my previous generation MK7 (before the facelift) the sensor for the ACC is in the lower grill not higher up in the front badge as it is in MK7.5 cars. You would think being lower down, it would be more susecptible to debris and road grime etc. but both of the MK7 GTD's I've owned, have never had this issue ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline naxcars

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2018, 14:01 »
Well on my previous generation MK7 (before the facelift) the sensor for the ACC is in the lower grill not higher up in the front badge as it is in MK7.5 cars. You would think being lower down, it would be more susecptible to debris and road grime etc. but both of the MK7 GTD's I've owned, have never had this issue ?

I agree, my Mk 7 GTI PP has never had a problem.
2014 Golf GTI Performance Pack: Nav & Rear Parking Camera, DTUK FRS+

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2018, 14:14 »
I had it come up a few times in the last snowfall, looking through the codings there is a adaption for a heated lense so I presume in colder countries it wouldn’t be as much of a problem

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2018, 15:13 »
I had this a few times already. Usually crap got stuck on the sensor, once it decided to 'eat' a crisp packet an inconsiderate arsehole has thrown out his window.

The other time it was frozen over with snow and you could only see the centre of the sensor, the rest of the cutout in grill was covered in snow.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline robtt

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Gti pp dsg
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2018, 15:28 »
Had it for first time won M1 when it snowed just after Christmas. Once snow stopped it soon sorted itself .

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2018, 19:28 »
I had this come on this afternoon - bit of a poor design - do VW expect you to stop, jump out and clear it every few miles in snowfall?   :sad:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2018, 19:33 »
Mine cleared after a couple of miles,

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2018, 19:53 »
Normally needs a fair bit of snow to 'block' the view. I had a lot hanging down from my front plate and around the grill when I did have it in the snow.

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2018, 06:42 »
The sensor is heated no matter what country you live in so it shouldn't be blocked ever.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.