Author Topic: Detailing new purchase?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Detailing new purchase?
« Reply #10 on: 17 January 2018, 11:36 »
I probably wouldn't start on a brand new car (practice a little bit on something else first), but a DA is a very easy tool to use and risk of doing damage is very minimal. Common sense and follow some basic guides on here and elsewhere and you won't go far wrong. One of the best tools I ever invested in anyway, you'll have it for years and years long after the sheen of that expensive detail has worn off.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Detailing new purchase?
« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2018, 10:11 »
Ideally I would like a proper detailer to do my car straight from dealers but finances are on limit and feel GAP and Wheel ins are a definite.
So hopefully I will be able to do a semi reasonable job myself as when I get my car I will have a few days off work.
Few questions , my friend has a DA polisher is it safe for a novice to use on new paintwork? ( I will probably practice on my work van 1st)
What products would be best for the paintwork to seal?
Advise appreciated.
Thanks

Give Jim_Mk7.5 on here a shout, he is doing me a cracking deal on a new car detail including wheels when my new Tiguan arrives.

Thanks for the recommendation William! Feel free to drop me a PM if interested  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey