Author Topic: T-Roc R, maybe GTD, no GTI  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
Re: T-Roc R, maybe GTD, no GTI
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2018, 22:56 »
Am I reading that right? Your GTD was quicker than a GTI on a sprint?! Think your mate in the GTI needs some driving lessons  :grin:
« Last Edit: 04 January 2018, 22:59 by Darlo »

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2018, 10:07 »
Am I reading that right? Your GTD was quicker than a GTI on a sprint?! Think your mate in the GTI needs some driving lessons  :grin:

Considering his was a standard 14reg Got and mine had a tuning box bringing the power to roughly the same and I have more torque with much better tyres I'm not surprised at all.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2018, 11:48 »

Considering his was a standard 14reg Got and mine had a tuning box bringing the power to roughly the same and I have more torque with much better tyres I'm not surprised at all.

Fair one, didn’t know yours was modified. The Mrs has a Gtd and I have said in the past hers modified would give mine a run for it’s money

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2018, 12:20 »

Fair one, didn’t know yours was modified. The Mrs has a Gtd and I have said in the past hers modified would give mine a run for it’s money

Another thing that may have helped is that the first bit was up hill as you can see from the photo. Even in gear thought the GTi is slower.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Richyb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 09 January 2018, 10:12 »
Just been given a T-Roc as a courtesy car whilst my local VW garage repair a scuff in my rear bumper (which they caused).

First impressions the 150ps engine is quite nippy however fuel economy isn’t great.

Interior is cheap. Cheaper than Polo cheap. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned cost saving, and this does appear to be the case.

Driving position is good however and the car feels as easy to drive as my Polo.

Not a great deal of leg room for passengers in the back but the boot space is generous.

Overall not great. The car I’m driving is just under £25k specced and that’s nowhere near the best model/features.

I’d buy my partner one if it was £15k.

Maybe I’ll post a proper review if I have the car for a significant length of time or go on any long journeys.

Rich
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 10:15 by Richyb »
2015 MK7 GTI DSG, Limestone Grey, Leather, Nav Pro

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2018, 14:31 »
This issue is actually very pertinent if it is the harbinger of what we might expect or fear for inside the Mk8 GTI.
I sat in a T Roc other day and have looked at Polo GTI interior on VW UK website.
Not good in pictures or in the flesh.
Does anyone know yet when the 7.5 will be discontinued or indeed when we will know what a Mk8 interior looks like?

PS I think I have seen a BMW interior with the same style of colour coded metal/plastic dash trim. Probably the latest fashion dreamed up by some child!
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2018, 15:14 »
This issue is actually very pertinent if it is the harbinger of what we might expect or fear for inside the Mk8 GTI.
I sat in a T Roc other day and have looked at Polo GTI interior on VW UK website.
Not good in pictures or in the flesh.
Does anyone know yet when the 7.5 will be discontinued or indeed when we will know what a Mk8 interior looks like?

PS I think I have seen a BMW interior with the same style of colour coded metal/plastic dash trim. Probably the latest fashion dreamed up by some child!
The Mk8 could be announced at the end of this year.

Surely they will want to temp people out of their current cars. If the interior is not as nice, then people might hang on, or look elsewhere.

I did wonder was the T-Roc plastic interior to give it a more utilitarian crossover feel. :undecided: Or maybe they have decided to keep the soft touch plastics for the Audi cars. To give them a more premium feel.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Richyb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2018, 15:58 »
I for one would be really unhappy if they decide to make a ‘T-Roc GTI’.

The interior is definitely full of cheap plastic. There’s also ‘fake’ exhaust inlets on the rear bumper.

I’ve had this courtesty car for a few days now and covered several hundred miles. I’ll try to give a full review if anyone is interested...
2015 MK7 GTI DSG, Limestone Grey, Leather, Nav Pro

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2018, 16:07 »
Yes, do a writeup!

It would be interesting to hear a car enthusiasts view not some journo on a champagne and caviar test drive event...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2018, 16:09 »
Yes, do a writeup!

It would be interesting to hear a car enthusiasts view not some journo on a champagne and caviar test drive event...

+1 :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.