Author Topic: Selling my 7.5  (Read 12566 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Selling my 7.5
« Reply #20 on: 04 January 2018, 15:41 »
Thats a big old beast of a car.

At least its not a SUV!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 04 January 2018, 15:45 »
It does sound a little bit pipe and slippers :wink: :whistle: :laugh:

Probably sounds more like baby buggy and associated metric sh1t ton of baby equipment
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 04 January 2018, 15:49 »
It does sound a little bit pipe and slippers :wink: :whistle: :laugh:

Probably sounds more like baby buggy and associated metric sh1t ton of baby equipment
Not quite, but she does have plans. The decision was driven by other external factors as well.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 04 January 2018, 16:42 »
I second giving Tootle a go - I sold my high spec S4 on there on the same day I listed it, for about £2-4k more than P/X prices I was being offered (inc. WBAC).

Dealers offering P/X prices didn't place any value on the high specification at all, whereas the dealers on Tootle could distinguish between the book price for a standard car and a desirable high spec car
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 04 January 2018, 18:44 »
You could always put a detailed ad up on this site and see how it goes? The classifieds seem a bit damp on this site.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 04 January 2018, 18:48 »
You do not automatically loose the vat on a new car, I've heard this loads of times and it simply is not true. I bought my new Golf R for £28600 and sold it to a trader 8 months later for £28500. I've bought a few other cars and sold after a year for around 10-12% loss. Supply and demand dictates car prices, vat doesn't come into it, loads of salesmen go on about the loss of vat, but it's just their way of justifying their profit margin.
OP, put your car on Tootle and try Sellcar, you'll get more than the likes of WBAC, just remember January generally isn't the best time to sell. To get top money you need to sell privately, but selling cars privately above £20k is tough and most buyers want them for less than trade price in my experience, total time wasters. Nearly all of mine have gone to traders, I never part-ex, I usually stick them on Autotrader and state on the ad that I'll consider sensible trade bids, nine times out of ten that what I get and that's where I end up selling them.

Agree VAT is part of the total and it basically follows the car to it's end. In the real world of valuation.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 04 January 2018, 18:48 »
I find that cars tend not to sell too well on car specific forums. Probably because most people on here already have one.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 04 January 2018, 19:04 »
It might be worth sticking it up on here, as people do definitely visit forms just to hunt for cars.  I sold my mk6 GTI to someone on here and that was without even getting as far as advertising it. 

Also, there’s a few pre facelift R’s for sale on VWROC (R forum) though you need to be a member with 25 posts to view them in Classifieds.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 04 January 2018, 20:24 »
Little Lofty is right, you don't lose the VAT when you drive off the forecourt. This is simply a myth, as VAT is only ever a factor if you buy from a VAT registered seller. Even then, in the case of used cars VAT is only usually paid by the dealer on the difference between purchase and sale price. It's called the VAT margin scheme.

Supply and demand drives used car values, VAT is incidental.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2018, 20:29 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 04 January 2018, 21:44 »
Seams stupid not to put an advert up here. Any free advertisement is good advertisement.