Author Topic: Selling my 7.5  (Read 12643 times)

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
Selling my 7.5
« on: 03 January 2018, 12:28 »
I've come to the very difficult decision to sell my GTI 7.5 DSG 5 door, due to a combination of personal reasons.  :cry:

It's really nicely specified with dynamic chassis control, Dynaudio, dynamic light assist, lane assist with traffic sign recognition, art velours interior, keyless, metallic Isaac blue. It was registered in May 2017, done 6900 miles and is spotless.
I'm after £25k and I know that it would go straight on a forecourt for around £27k with the options and condition meaning it would sell fast.

Pictures are in my signature below - posting here first before going to other classifieds in case anyone was thinking of buying.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Selling my 7.5
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2018, 13:58 »
Such a shame eatontrifles, hope all is okay :smiley: Someone is bound to snap it up sharpish.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2018, 20:23 »
Do you think you could get 25k for it as a straight sale?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2018, 21:16 »
I would have thought it would book at around £21k.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2018, 22:53 »
Your book is way out of date, I've been offered far more than that in Part Ex already.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2018, 23:04 »
Do you think you could get 25k for it as a straight sale?
If someone on here was looking for one at a dealer, with equivalent mileage & spec they are listed for around £27k - some are even higher.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2018, 07:28 »
Wanting 25k and getting it is going to be your problem.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2018, 07:58 »
Your book is way out of date, I've been offered far more than that in Part Ex already.

PX value will all depend on the deal. If the dealer has a good margin in the car you are buying, or needs to get rid, there's a good chance you'll be offered a higher trade in price. I'm also guessing that you're rolling over your current finance deal over onto the next car. In which case there will be finance commission, which also increases the dealers margin.

A car is worth what a car is worth. That can be quite different to the perceived value on the sales invoice as there are other variables. If a dealer was buying your car for stock, I'm confident that my value is about right.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2018, 08:35 »
Indeed - I recently got a DtD quote for a 5-door Performance Pack GTI with DSG and metallic - 27k! I believe this car is a standard GTI so presumably can be had for a grand less, new via this method (albeit without the extra options)

The options on your car are really nice to have but sadly (as I have found out to my great cost) they don't add anything significant to the vehicle value once it becomes a used car. This is particularly so with the GTI range as the car is so well specified to begin with and most options are very personal.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2018, 09:03 »
Problem is private buyers with that sort of cash. And your specific extras as opposed to buying new to a chosen spec with cash and getting 15++%off. Or simply leasing as most seem to do.
I would think try £25k Ono with £23k your realistic expectations.
Shame you have to sell so early and therefore taking the biggest hit.

Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.