Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2765058 times)

physio

Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8020 on: 22 January 2018, 14:45 »
Looking forward to seeing photos of these fitted to your car
I have red GTi pp on order  , could be interested , where did you buy them from .?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8021 on: 22 January 2018, 14:46 »
Finally made my mind up and stuck a hand deep into my pocket and bought some new mirror caps. I like the gloss black ones but really wanted carbon fibre. So I've taken a gamble on a set that have a red thread also woven in. I'm not convinced yet that they won't clash on a red car but nothing ventured... Plus I can return them :smiley:

Opinions good and bad welcomed.

How is your hand :laugh:

Not for me but then can't really tell until you get them on the car. I tried carbon mirror caps on mine, didn't like them a took the off after a few days.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8022 on: 22 January 2018, 15:11 »
I have red GTi pp on order  , could be interested , where did you buy them from .?

Google Carbonwurks, they are in Poole. They've been very helpful so far. They don't have them on their website yet but do have them in stock.

Not for me but then can't really tell until you get them on the car. I tried carbon mirror caps on mine, didn't like them a took the off after a few days.

It smarts a bit :laugh: I think they are going to be a bit marmite just not sure where I'll be with them. At least you took your covers off, I had mine sorted by a juggernaut!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8023 on: 22 January 2018, 18:23 »

Google Carbonwurks, they are in Poole. They've been very helpful so far. They don't have them on their website yet but do have them in stock.

It smarts a bit :laugh: I think they are going to be a bit marmite just not sure where I'll be with them. At least you took your covers off, I had mine sorted by a juggernaut!

Feck what others think as long as you like them.

Give it a week and your hand should be back to normal :laugh:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8024 on: 22 January 2018, 18:37 »

I'm more worried about my pocket :rolleyes: It wasn't made for this level of abuse...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #8025 on: 22 January 2018, 18:51 »

I'm more worried about my pocket :rolleyes: It wasn't made for this level of abuse...

Lol Peter it never is when we keep spending to make our cars individual looking forward to seeing them on the car :whistle:
« Last Edit: 22 January 2018, 19:12 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8026 on: 22 January 2018, 18:52 »

:laugh:

I was buying clothes one day and my wife said to the sales guy that the pockets weren't deep enough and that I wouldn't like them because it would be too easy to get to my wallet :grin:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8027 on: 23 January 2018, 11:23 »
Finally made my mind up and stuck a hand deep into my pocket and bought some new mirror caps. I like the gloss black ones but really wanted carbon fibre. So I've taken a gamble on a set that have a red thread also woven in. I'm not convinced yet that they won't clash on a red car but nothing ventured... Plus I can return them :smiley:

Opinions good and bad welcomed.

These arrived today. Looked amazing, a really different and unusual design. Just weren't for me on a red car so they are going back. Having offered one up I also wasn't convinced by the fit although having said that, they say they have sold lots and haven't had any problems in that regard. As I didn't actually fit one I can't say for sure they wouldn't but having had a previous set from a different supplier, these had the same issue and I would expect there to be a gap against the base of the mirrow frame adjacent to the car. Perhaps there are some tricks of the trade to manipulate the material but I wasn't prepared to force them in any way. Back to the drawing board :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8028 on: 23 January 2018, 12:10 »
Just a bit... Halfords.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8029 on: 23 January 2018, 13:01 »
Just a bit... Halfords.

Ooh, that was harsh :sad:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.