Author Topic: New 2nd Bilstein B14 coiloverkit: B14XL LOW ! lower + more comfort  (Read 4041 times)

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet
I just posted it in a wrong UK VW Forum, but maybe it is more interesting here.
Two weeks ago Bilstein Germany delivered the first 2nd type of B14 coiloverkits : the B14 XL LOW with a lower TÜV approved adjustment range ( 20mm lower as the standard B14)  and  a better (more comfortable) setup as the standard B14 which was originally develloped for standard wheel sizes. Thenew B14 XL LOW has a softer sensitivity which is perfect for 19" and even 20" wheels.
For GTi / GTD ( 55mm front and multilink rearaxle) the part no is 47-280922
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AT9ntmwhco

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Jees that is low!! :laugh:

MK7 GTi

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet
yes but bilstein-like ride performance and really unbelievable comfortable

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Having had mk1 and mk2 Golf GTIs plus an old SEAT Ibiza GTI Cupra many years ago with Bilstein suspension the word “comfort” would never have been used without “massive dis-“ added to the front!  :grin:
It’s good to hear that times have changed.

Those GTDs are indeed LOW! 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ian_C

• Not said much yet
Looking very good indeed  :cool:

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet
nice to see how it works at bad roads , here in a GTI Clubsport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMmbrSWi1o

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Although I'm likely to be in the minority with this but those cars look far too low. I'll just go and grab my pipe and slippers..... :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
Although I'm likely to be in the minority with this but those cars look far too low. I'll just go and grab my pipe and slippers..... :whistle:

Make that two of us
7.5 GTD

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time

Make that two of us

Three.  Function before form for me.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.