Author Topic: South west essex meet in feb!  (Read 3485 times)

Offline mashypz

• Not said much yet
South west essex meet in feb!
« on: 01 February 2014, 09:06 »
I have mentioned a meet to a few of the members on here. Maybe on a weekend or an evening to suit most who wants to join, possibly around lakeside or somewhere close. Who would be up for a meet sometime this month? I am in  :grin:

Offline missymckay

• Not said much yet
Re: South west essex meet in feb!
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2014, 19:43 »
Yeah i'm in, weekend would be best for me but not the 15th, one of the other guys mentioned a pub in Upminster will check the name of it as apparently it has a big car park and somewhere to grab a drink

Offline mashypz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2014, 09:06 »
sounds good, i work sundays so will not be able to make it. but upminster sounds good. let me know if anything happens soon!

Offline missymckay

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2014, 22:38 »
One of the guys has arranged a meet at lakeside on 1st March, just waiting to hear the what time. Will let you know.

Have been cruising down lakeside tonight, it is definitely the place to be lol

Offline mashypz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2014, 00:38 »
can do 1st march sounds good. let me know definitely. was there a car scene going on yesterday? hopefully the weather gets better. need dry road..can not wait to turn esp off on this!! hehe

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2014, 12:21 »
Lakeside has become what Southend used to be, there were a few nice bits of metal cruising about including some VW rides. As soon as I sort my brakes and chassis out I'll be taking my GTI out to get public approval. I can't do the 1st as it stands but no reason we can't make it a regular thing. People need to go buy the window stickers and start advertising the forum! (Myself included!)

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline missymckay

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2014, 14:16 »
There were loads of cars at Lakeside, also quite a few old bill in unmarked cars. It was pretty busy tho.

I certainly won't be racing on the 1st as having my car remapped the day before, I'd probably end up totalling it :)

Offline mashypz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2014, 09:07 »
are we talking about lakeside retail park or the main shopping centre car park? never been there on a evening to see whats there, would be interesting to see! Once you get your car remapped. hopefully its dry road, turn esp off and enjoy the ride! lol its a breath of fresh air of how good it really pulls through the gears. is your dsg?

Offline missymckay

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2014, 18:47 »
It was mainly the retail park (Tesco car park) but there were a few people meeting in the house of frazer multi story car park but the Police moved them on. Definitely worth a drive over there.

Mine is a manual, I like playing with my gears :)

Offline missymckay

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2014, 14:14 »
Just heard off one of the guys, apparently the meet on the 1st will be daytime. Just waiting to hear what time