Author Topic: Where to put my 6x9s  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Bazza

• Not said much yet
Re: Where to put my 6x9s
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2006, 09:02 »
Let us all know how it sounds, you might start a new trend lol  :grin: Might start putting all my speakers behind vinyl, stop people pinching them eh lol  :grin: "Oh look a nice car, let's nick the stereo and speaker's." (Walk over to car, looking through window's) "Oh damn there's no speaker's to nick" LOL :grin: :grin:
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2006, 09:09 »
i hope it doesnt sound as bad as i think its goin to :undecided:

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline 8vRicey

• Here all the time
  • Silver Mettalic 8v GTI
« Reply #12 on: 28 November 2006, 17:45 »
I have mounted mine in a similar fashion to the original parcel shelf.
They do give a nice bassy sound, but i also have some decent Alpine's in the support shelves for the higher frequancies.
I'm pleased with the results.  :smug:
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 28 November 2006, 20:25 »
Yea i think it will do the trick going to get my windows tinted in the near future. Yea i got infinity's all round and a kenwood head unit would like to get a sub and amp once i get the car sorted.
golfpro  why do you think they will sound bad ?

Offline Heyho

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 29 November 2006, 23:31 »
For god's sake, if you're going to tint your windows, don't use vinyl!!

Seriously, 6x9's aren't a great idea in the first place if you like to listen to high quality music.  On the whole, they tend to be a bit "bling" at the expense of quailty.  The biggest problem is that they play the music behind you.

I can't believe for a minute that that vinly is going to pass any high frequencies at all, so you'll be wasting half of the speaker's musical output.  Acoustically tranparent cloth is very cheap, and does what it says on the tin.