Author Topic: Where to put my 6x9s  (Read 2119 times)

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
Where to put my 6x9s
« on: 25 November 2006, 21:58 »
hi all i want to put some 6x9s into my 3dr golf now when i took the panel off the is this great big space but before I go ahead do you think it would cause to much of a vibration and sound sh!t any ideas . just want a change from the parcel shelf any ideas ?

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
Re: Where to put my 6x9s
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2006, 22:29 »
Just my opinion but I think it would take a fair bit of work to fit them so that they were solid and the weight well supported, I'm not sure how they would sound as I've never heard them fitted in that place. I understand that you don't want to put them in the rear shelf so how about putting a nice set of replacement 6x4's in to replace the factory ones as I'm not sure that the work involved in fitting them would be worthwhile as it seems to me that you'd have to be sat in the back for them to sound the best. If you do decide to have a go good luck and don't forget to put the any pics on here   :wink:

P.S. I'm guessing your talking about the rear passenger panels ?
« Last Edit: 25 November 2006, 22:32 by Uruk Hai »

Offline sesterfield

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2006, 23:02 »
I certainly wouldn't recommend putting them in the rear doorcards.  The previous owner of my car put them there and they sound like c*ck  :tongue:  I'm too cheap to change them though - would rather spend the money keeping her going  :laugh:

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2006, 23:04 »
well not that i dont want to put them into the parcel shelf just wanted to know if it where possible and sound good as well thanks for the input

Offline J.stafford16v

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2006, 01:06 »
Make yourself an mdf parcel self and if you don't want them on show then attach then to the bottom of the shelf and carpet over them. 6x9 need alittle space to make the bass noise.

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2006, 14:40 »
well i will be putting them o my parcel shelf when everyone says mdf right you dont make the whole shelf out of mdf you just have a piece for the speakers to attach to or sit on what ever you like to call it

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2006, 21:52 »
Well just got on with it forgot about the rear door car placement and went for the good old parcel shelf. Finished it in vinyl cause my golfs got leather interior think it turned out well :grin:

Offline Bazza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2006, 19:43 »
Just a small note, how the hell are you going to hear them through vinyl lol  :grin:
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

Offline yabbie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2006, 20:18 »
Well as you might know the parcel has holes already cut into it and the stuff ive used is super thin i don't think its going to be a problem.Its more of a material type stuff

Offline J.stafford16v

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2006, 22:38 »
It should sound quite bassy then lol :grin: