Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 698 times)

Offline patter78

• Not said much yet
Few questions
« on: 08 March 2010, 22:11 »
Hi

Anyone recomend an alarm thats interlocking for the golf?

Also big fan of the exterior but have to say not a fan of the interior any mods to fresh it up?  mk4 dash in it ;) lol

cheers for the help oh and hello

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Few questions
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2010, 22:17 »
Mark 4 dash can be done but a lot of hard work really. Try changing things like the steering wheel, gear knob and gaitor and seats etc. Easier to change and have an effect. Many on here have changed seats for the recaro's and if done right like most they look good. I have Subaru Impreza seats in mine with a Mark 4 gear knob and gaitor and also put in some anni clocks. Subtle changes that make it mine and more comfy. Smaller things can make as much difference as a new dash Mate.  Oh and welcome to the site :grin: :grin:      Cheers      Deano

Offline patter78

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2010, 18:37 »
How do you change the seats?

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2010, 18:44 »
Depends what you want to put in Mate. If it's other Mark 3 seats i.e. Leather/Recaro then you just remove the pin at the front of the seat rail and slide the seat towards the back of the car and it's out. Takes about 30 seconds to remove the seat....mega easy. Your other seats will then just slide back i the rails and replace the pin.
If you want to add aftermarket seats then you will have to take out your seats and remove the frame and drill and bolt onto the new seats. Then put back in. Took me about four hours to put my Subaru seats in but it was well worth it.  Just take your time and do the job right and you will be rewarded.

Cheers      Deano

Offline patter78

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2010, 19:01 »
What about some MK4 seats they fit?

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2010, 19:16 »
Not sure but I think you have to change the rails. It's not hard to change the rails though Mate. I had never done it and as I said it took me four hours to put mine in. An hour to remove the rails. And then an hour per chair to drill the rails and bolt in place. Half an hour with a beer to recover and celebrate the football scores and then half hour to get back in the car as it was pitch black dark !!!!!!!!!!

Offline patter78

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2010, 19:29 »
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?&id=3370991&postid=40889303#40889303

just found this thread shame i dont have a welder :( or that bracket i have some MK4 seats

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2010, 20:04 »
I never used a welder on mine. I drilled a hole in the seats frame and matched the hole to the Mark 3 rails and drilled through this. Then used a long nut and bolt (with washers) to join the two. Put them back in the car and they don't budge an inch and look just as good as welded on. No one can tell and they will pass the MOT.