Author Topic: can a AGU engine run at 350bhp with standard internals??  (Read 24805 times)

Offline Chris.

• I live here
Re: can a AGU engine run at 350bhp with standard internals??
« Reply #50 on: 19 October 2011, 14:51 »
246bhp holding very nicely ad 266lbft torque.  More to come just a slight missfire o sort out now.  Report to come!

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #51 on: 19 October 2011, 17:11 »
Sweet mate, keep me posted  :smiley:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 19 October 2011, 19:18 »
Well,  all done now and on way back.  Managed to make 248bhp and 297lbft torque limited to 277lbft to ensure things don't bend!  Map is awesome and pulls and pulls from any speed/rpm.  Will get graph up when I'm home/ scanned it in etc.

Click For Build Thread

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #53 on: 19 October 2011, 20:02 »
Excellent stuff, I'll head up again once I get all the bits I need. What was the misfire down to mate?

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 19 October 2011, 20:33 »
Coilpacks!!! probably on the original ones and they just couldnt cope with the amount of boost and more fuel to create a strong enough spark.  Tried everything at first with the fuelling until we had tried everything and looked into hardware to see what it was.  Set of 4 new coilpacks later (cost a pretty canny penny!!!) it was running spot on.  Oh, the stock 1.4 pump was shagged aswell so got a uprated 225lph one in now I think it is.

Rolled away with 248.292bhp at the fly and 228.707bhp at the wheels.  Torque is 277.27lbft @ fly and 262.75 @ the wheels. Did run more but had to run less boost in case of the rods going!

Such a lovely car to drive now.  Pulls and pulls in each and every gear.  Even at 40mph in 5th and boot it your soon on the 3 figure side!

Will get the graphs up in a bit, just need to scan them in!

Click For Build Thread

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 19 October 2011, 20:49 »

Click For Build Thread

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 19 October 2011, 20:56 »
roughly 300lbft torque...which is why we backed the torque down to a safer level!

Click For Build Thread

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 19 October 2011, 21:06 »
Oh yeah, doubt we could squeeze any more power out of this now.  Unless we really wanted to push the turbo, but since its a daily, 250bhp is MORE than enough.

Click For Build Thread

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 19 October 2011, 22:45 »
Good result bud, doesn't look like your going to be far behind Wes :laugh:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #59 on: 20 October 2011, 22:33 »
Its the result of many year tuning the AGU and k03s combo... first thing to do is try and find another tuner who will do a full custom remap on an AGU with ths same mods?  phone them and email them and find out?  The UK norm is to just use a generic stage2 map, or some tuners say stage1 with mbc to up the boost..lol  I think I have spent over 500+hours mapping AGU k03s engines over the years, many many happy customer with proven result on other dynos.

The FACT is that you cannot get a K03s over 240bhp on the oem actuator, a forge unit is needed with yellow or blue spring and the mapping method is to get the boost to 21-22psi as fast and early as you can in the rpm range and hold close on 18.5psi until 5000rpm then taper the boost off at the top end so the turbo dont blow hot air.  The k03s is never going to make and power at the top end of the rpm range as it aint up to it, which compresor maps show albeit to a "SAFE %" on paper.

Now lets let a little out the bag.. the AGU fuel mapping need to refined as if your going to draw some much air in at 3000-5000rpm the ecu will fuel in the 10s and even 9s, just search the forums for k03s/k04 AGU dyno plots vs lambda and you see what I mean, the mapping needs to set the fuel between 13.1:1 - 12.4:1 from when the turbo spools till the power starts to die off.  Its hard to get the AGU to fuel in this manner as the part load lambda is based on load v rpm. A generic stage2 map would just over fuel and eat way at the power from such low rpm at such high boost.  Once the fuel is spot on the timing then can be used to make power, which with the lambda being at 10:1 would have not real effect on power.  The timing play a HUGE part in getting the power from a k03s AGU.

If the guys on club GTI dont like the idea of 240+bhp and they have the same spec1 car, I am willing to map there car and make it much quicker and give them the numbers above.... £FOC and not matter what other tuners maps on there. Then they can go to every dyno in the land to get it tested and logged.

I once was a doubter saying the k03s would never make power like this, there are many post with me making these comments...

Its only until I started to realise that the oem actuators would not do the job by holding the power in the mid range(they would spike to 25psi easy but tail off as the waste gate cracks open at 3500rpm)
 I started to tune customers cars with the forge actuators, customer where comming back with there k03s AGU which we had mapped with the oem actuator, we fitted the forge unit and the car was night and day. Many customer here who have this setup.... BUT only a few of them have the correct fuel setup to go with is, the stock injectors run 100%IDC with around 225-230bhp and the lambda readings head north.

If the guys on club GTI dont like the idea of 240+bhp and they have the same spec1 car, I am willing to map there car and make it much quicker and give them the numbers above and VCDS reading to back them up.. I will do it £FOC and not matter what other tuners maps on there. Then they can go to every dyno in the land to get it tested and logged an post up there finding.

Chris what was your stock MAF reading with the map setup for the stock injectors?. :wink: 235bhp??

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands