Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22583 times)

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
(Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!
« on: 12 May 2012, 10:49 »
Hi guys,

Got back from my local dealers last night after agreeing a deal and putting the deposit down for a new Carbon Grey Edition 35   :smiley:

Now there's just the small matter of an up-to 5 month wait!  :sad:

So this post is mainly to introduce mysef to the forum after reading many a post over the past couple of months, trying to find out everything there is to know about the car before I took the plunge!

Spec is;

Edition 35, DSG
Carbon Grey, Grey Watkins Glen alloys
ACC
RNS 510 Stereo
Luxury Pack
Cruise Control
Service Pack

Was going to go Graphite Blue but changed my mind at the last minute!
« Last Edit: 16 July 2012, 13:20 by Big_Dave »
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered!
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2012, 11:16 »
Along wait for you...never mind worth the wait and plenty to read on this forum... :smiley:

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2012, 11:45 »
Welcome to the forum  :smiley:

Congrats on your order ... looks a nice spec   

Plenty to read on here while you wait !
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2012, 11:55 »
Great colour and will choice ;)

Not a fan of acc having had it on my rocco and given the stock suspension would be coming off

Delays on dsg cars it would seem as my manual was about 15 weeks including Christmas

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2012, 12:14 »
Thanks guys... I nearly went for a manual that was sat on the forecourt to avoid the wait, but spending this much money I'd rather have my own spec.

Apparently VW are saying 15 weeks for manual GTi's, and around 4 weeks extra for DSG's. Think I'll know the whole forum inside out by the time it comes!

Other than test driving a car with ACC and being able to tell a significant difference (albeit on a 15 min drive) I felt for an expensive car it's something that'd be nice to have...and I don't think it'll harm with 230hp (maybe more after a few months... :wink:) to keep it in check  :grin:

Incidentally I'm upgrading from a Leon FR550...and with the possible exception of the exterior looks, the GTi feels like a leap forwards all round.

*To mods; feel free to move into the 'New Members' section, I only noticed that section after posting*

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2012, 15:12 »
Hi guys,

Got back from my local dealers last night after agreeing a deal and putting the deposit down for a new Carbon Grey Edition 35   :smiley:

So this post is mainly to introduce mysef to the forum after reading many a post over the past couple of months, trying to find out everything there is to know about the car before I took the plunge!

Spec is;

Edition 35, DSG
ACC
RNS 510 Stereo
Luxury Pack
Cruise Control
Service Pack

There is one for sale in Battersea VW £30,000 with DSG in Candy white looks awsome  :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2012, 16:21 »
Welcome fella

Nice spec

The wait is the hard bit, as if you didn't know that already :grin:

Ask your dealer for your commission number that way you can track your car thro vw cust services when you want and you will keep your dealer sweet as you won't have to bug him for updates...

VW cust serv no.0800 0833 920 once you have your commission number...

How many doors?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2012, 16:41 »
Hi guys,

Spec is;

Edition 35, DSG
ACC
RNS 510 Stereo
Luxury Pack
Cruise Control
Service Pack

There is one for sale in Battersea VW £30,000 with DSG in Candy white looks awsome  :wink:

Really really don't want white, otherwise I'd be straight in! Doing design at uni shows that white hides surface features (no offence to people with white cars, they are very striking!)

Welcome fella

Nice spec

The wait is the hard bit, as if you didn't know that already :grin:

Ask your dealer for your commission number that way you can track your car thro vw cust services when you want and you will keep your dealer sweet as you won't have to bug him for updates...

VW cust serv no.0800 0833 920 once you have your commission number...

How many doors?

Thanks for that info...maybe if I ring every day they'll make it a priority to get me off their back?! 5 door, would've gone 3 except I have slight OCD with my cars, and the amount of times I have people in the back I'd be literally whincing as people's shoes scuff the back of the leather seats! Also means it'll still work in the future if some mini-Big_Daves come along!  :laugh:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2012, 20:01 »
If you saw ed35 in white, you would fall in love with it  :drool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2012, 20:14 »
Big Dave, welcome,  great choice of car and best colour for a GTI IMHO. I have had Black and White (both great) and now Carbon Grey and don't regret it at all. I get a lot on admiring glances and nice comments from people so you can be assured you have made the right decision.  :smiley:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox