Author Topic: Pirelli PNCS System  (Read 782 times)

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
Pirelli PNCS System
« on: 30 October 2020, 17:39 »
I just came across reference to this supposed noise cancelling technology from Pirelli called PNCS.
Details here: https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/car/tech-and-knowledge/pncs

Does anyone have any experience of this and how effective it is quietening road noise?

My Bridgestone's aren't far off needing replacing and I could be interested in these Pirelli's (assuming the price differential isn't huge).
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Pirelli PNCS System
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2020, 17:46 »
All of the major tyre OEM's have variants of noise deadening tech.... I did post on here somewhere all of the acronyms they use.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2020, 18:52 »
All of the major tyre OEM's have variants of noise deadening tech.... I did post on here somewhere all of the acronyms they use.

Do any of them really work?
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2020, 21:09 »
Maybe 2db down on the ones without it.

But it's hard to say because the noise figures aren't stated from inside of the car, they are roadside noise levels and a lot of them use designs to project the noise into the wheel arch to get the number down...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC