Author Topic: mot check list  (Read 102486 times)

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: mot check list
« Reply #50 on: 21 January 2009, 08:48 »
As I recall, K reg didn't need a compulosry cat I don't think, but do a google search to confirm. I'd have thought they'd go on the year of the car anyway rather than the year of the engine.
......now officially dubless.

Offline seamud

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #51 on: 21 January 2009, 11:10 »
the donor car for my conversion had a cat on, just that everyone i talk to about this they all say something different like they go by the engine code to determine cat or not. because its a g plate motor you dont need to worry and so on. just want to get my head round it b4 she goes in for her mot

Offline WYATT

• Here all the time
« Reply #52 on: 03 May 2009, 22:16 »
what about CV boots need to be able to work on lock to lock and be secure with no rips in them , also no stickers can get in the way on the windscreen in the certain place of the veiw area , certain number plate font can fail ,

Offline 8473adamd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 10 May 2009, 20:56 »
Looks very useful cheers :D

Offline axewielder

• I live here
  • 95 dragon 8v
« Reply #54 on: 28 November 2009, 16:05 »
what about CV boots need to be able to work on lock to lock and be secure with no rips in them , also no stickers can get in the way on the windscreen in the certain place of the veiw area , certain number plate font can fail ,
only outer cv joints have to have no splits in
+ mot tester broke my satnav holder that was stuck on the windscreen so take anything off yourself to save hastle caused by retards

Offline TewVetWhere

• Just got here
mot check list
« Reply #55 on: 20 December 2009, 13:11 »
Should be good when its done going to do some good deals with mot you get half price service. We should be able to get all skyline through mot easy and very fast as mot parts here on the shelf.

Offline dubdan90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #56 on: 08 February 2010, 18:32 »
i heard that if your bonnet doesnt shut properly then it will fail an mot, is this true?

my bonnet shuts properly only when i puss the lever back into its rest position

Offline jiminbmth

• GTI forum regular
  • brings back the sunshine!
« Reply #57 on: 31 December 2010, 16:34 »
give it time and we wil all be like those euros..... hi vis....spare bulbs...first aid...load of tosh brussels b@llshi7
jiminbmth ;)

Offline bestyboy

• Not said much yet
  • Just starting
« Reply #58 on: 19 January 2011, 18:37 »
does it matter if your boot doesnt open?

Offline Jasikasisback

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 27 March 2011, 08:46 »
Rear brakes chirp when releasing. Fail on mot? Left side of dash does not light up(speedometer)reason a mystery. Fail on mot? Front left tyre has worn outer tread only. Middle and inner tread ok. Fail mot? left rear tailight has small 1mm crack with small chip missing for turn signal. ( I mean less than 2 mm) Otherwise car is ok.

Lots of little crap. I use the rpm guage to determine speed at night. Or turn on cabin light.

Lots of little crapola that really don't affect driving.