Author Topic: Clubsport Roof Resprayed Black  (Read 2820 times)

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
Clubsport Roof Resprayed Black
« on: 19 February 2017, 12:04 »
Just wondering is it a good idea to have my white Clubsports roof professionally sprayed black exactly like the factory option. Only half the roof would need to be done as I have the panoramic tilting/sliding roof. One problem I can see is that the satellite antenna may need to be loosened to accommodate the spray job something which I wouldn't be happy about.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Roof Resprayed Black
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2017, 12:16 »
Just get it wrapped in black, then it is 100% reversible and it will also protect the paintwork as a bonus.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2017, 14:49 »
Just get it wrapped in black, then it is 100% reversible and it will also protect the paintwork as a bonus.

I'd have to agree with that 100%.

Then if you suddenly think you've made a terrible mistake it's easy to get rid of it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gabouk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2017, 14:53 »
get it wrapped mate, i was gonna get my GTI sprayed (the roof) an the go to guy i go to for all my work said he will do it for me for £400  :shocked: he even said to me , why u spraying just get it wrapped, an i did an it looks perfect, if u come rite up close then u can see its been wrapped, but i dont care about that, an plus as mentioned u can always take it off an go back plus it will protect the roof from bird poo  :grin:
an the ariel is nothing mate, they just take it off, put the wrap on, screw it back in an happy days, nothing to worry about at all  :wink:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2017, 14:53 »
Yeh just get it wrapped, I got a quote for a wrap and I would only of needed a half wrap as I too will have the panroof and it would cost £140.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2017, 21:22 »
I would get it wrapped as like said it's good for paint protection. Gives options to swap it back at any point and cheaper.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2017, 00:11 »
Just wondering is it a good idea to have my white Clubsports roof professionally sprayed black exactly like the factory option. Only half the roof would need to be done as I have the panoramic tilting/sliding roof. One problem I can see is that the satellite antenna may need to be loosened to accommodate the spray job something which I wouldn't be happy about.

NO, terrible idea... Leave it alone and enjoy driving it!
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2017, 10:48 »
I think you are right, not such a great idea, there is enough black on the car already and I don't want to turn it into more or less a two tone car. May put the money instead toward a set of 18" black "Pretorias" or the 19" ones in grey.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2017, 20:17 »
I think you are right, not such a great idea, there is enough black on the car already and I don't want to turn it into more or less a two tone car. May put the money instead toward a set of 18" black "Pretorias" or the 19" ones in grey.

Good choice, I'm considering getting some prets with cup 2 tyres for the summer...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1