Author Topic: Poor 1.8t :(  (Read 2167 times)

Offline markallen

• Here all the time
  • AUM 1.8 20v Turbo 150bhp for now ;)
Re: Poor 1.8t :(
« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2012, 22:43 »
Done that mate. I was told I have no reverse lights so maybe that could be throughing the brake light problem up?

Knock Sensor

Circuit G61 short to Ground
Circuit G61 open
G61 improperly torqued
G61 damaged
Control Module damaged

Vehicle Speed Sensor

Wiring/Connectors from/to Vehicle Speed Sensor (G22) faulty
Wiring/Connectors from Transmission Control Module (J217) to Engine Control Module faulty
Vehicle Speed Sensor (G22) faulty

Brake Light Switch

Wiring and/or Connectors faulty
Fuse(s) faulty
Wrong Brake Light Bulb installed (21W instead of 5/21W)
Brake Light Bulb(s) faulty
Brake Light Switch (F) faulty

Sorry for the long list ha ha.

Golf Mk4 GTi Turbo, R32 front bumper, Lowered on ProSport Coilovers, Bora illuminated vents, Armrest, Heko wind deflectors, Aluminium vinyl trim.

Soon to be added, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Remap..oh and new turbo :(

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2012, 22:58 »
If its ony just come on I would say I is a wrong bulb so just check all your fuses to start with then check all your lights brake lights etc work and if not replace the bulbs.
Iirc the brake ligh switch beneath the pedal I believe is a common problem so if the above doesn't sort it purchase one of them.

Locate your knock sensor and check its tough inplace and check te wiring. Get a multimeter and test the wires to earth and check the resitance from two points as far from each other as possible on each wire to check if its broken. If its all ok you may need a new sensor.

As for the engine speed sensor the plug is beneath your inlet manifold so check its all ok and check for breaks in the wiring. If not you may need a new sensor. I did mine last week and a new part is £50 ish after vat from gsf.

:cool:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline markallen

• Here all the time
  • AUM 1.8 20v Turbo 150bhp for now ;)
« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2012, 23:04 »
I would get as far as the bulbs and fuses. Everything else is not in my scale of mechanics I don't think ha ha
Golf Mk4 GTi Turbo, R32 front bumper, Lowered on ProSport Coilovers, Bora illuminated vents, Armrest, Heko wind deflectors, Aluminium vinyl trim.

Soon to be added, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Remap..oh and new turbo :(