Author Topic: Project Corrado 1.8T  (Read 23387 times)

Offline Ferdinor

• GTI forum regular
Re: Project Corrado 1.8T
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2013, 15:50 »
Good luck chasing down boost leaks as well I  count 9 or 10 joins from the ic to turbo  :lipsrsealed:

Well how would you or anyone else get from there to my intercooler using less joins?  :huh:
yes i could weld a solid pipe before anyone says anything..... but any other options?

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2013, 17:10 »
change that pipe off the turbo, its too high for this application , what mounts u using ? iv used same oem pipe in a mk2, used a mk3 subframe.  also used it in a mk1 and that was not high like yours :undecided:

also, smoothed bays always crack.. :sick:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2013, 17:59 »
Good luck chasing down boost leaks as well I  count 9 or 10 joins from the ic to turbo  :lipsrsealed:

Well how would you or anyone else get from there to my intercooler using less joins?  :huh:
yes i could weld a solid pipe before anyone says anything..... but any other options?

Like this:

Offline Ferdinor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2013, 19:22 »
change that pipe off the turbo, its too high for this application , what mounts u using ? iv used same oem pipe in a mk2, used a mk3 subframe.  also used it in a mk1 and that was not high like yours :undecided:

also, smoothed bays always crack.. :sick:

I used the pipe of the original because thats all i have and being a budget project all i can afford atm, i will mount it using the original mount to help support it, if it doesnt work i can always change it

Like this:

I would love to have the money to go out and buy the perfect forge pipes but atm i dont so i guess i will stick to my boost leaks  :wink:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2013, 19:41 »
The only forge pipe there is the one that goes into the TB, the rest are from here: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mrsilicone

Offline Ferdinor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 07 April 2013, 22:00 »
The only forge pipe there is the one that goes into the TB, the rest are from here: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mrsilicone

Thanks for the link i had already seen there pipes when i was having a browse earlier, i will have to see if i can make the run a bit smoother :smiley:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #16 on: 07 April 2013, 22:24 »
Looking good mate i personally like the smoothed bay look
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Ferdinor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 07 April 2013, 22:36 »
Looking good mate i personally like the smoothed bay look

Cheers, i have always liked smoothed bays and always wanted to do it, if it cracks then i will have to work out a way around it but for now im happy with it  :smiley:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #18 on: 07 April 2013, 22:41 »
The problem is with our roads its unlikely to last forever but if there are flexible joins then you should be fine.. Keep us posted
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #19 on: 07 April 2013, 22:50 »
This is how we do them using the very same metal OEM pipe from the Turbo

much cleaner look than the faffy looking bay Dom posted up

done this on a mk2 and a mk1 too where they have had KO3 and KO3S turbos

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/