Author Topic: Fitting LED's - Vanity Lights, Glove Box & Boot  (Read 38502 times)

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
Re: Fitting LED's - Vanity Lights, Glove Box & Boot
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2014, 16:52 »
Has anyone been able to work out if the interior roof lights can be upgraded, I have had a quick look at them and they appear to be a special bulb and lens unit, not wishing to damage anything did not try and dismantle the units.

Just that after upgrading the rest of the bulbs the standard roof lights seem a little weak.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2014, 15:53 by vidman2 »
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline breezasib

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 04 June 2014, 22:48 »
I ordered some 36mm 6xSMD bulbs for the vanity mirrors. They fit my BW18 GTD perfectly but they are too bright for me. Will try some 2x or 3x SMDs.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 June 2014, 21:38 »
Has anyone been able to work out if the interior roof lights can be upgraded, I have had a quick look at them and they appear to be a special bulb and lens unit, not wishing to damage anything did not try and dismantle the units.

Just that after upgrading the rest of the bulbs the standard roof lights seem a little weak.

No personal experience of this, but spotted this led supplier on another forum. Not cheap, but they seem to be able to supply installation information, as well as the led's.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 06 June 2014, 09:09 »

No personal experience of this, but spotted this led supplier on another forum. Not cheap, but they seem to be able to supply installation information, as well as the led's.

They do not appear to offer lamps for the roof lights only the Boot, Glove Box and Vanity Lights which I have already done.

Just that now everything else has been changed the Roof Lights seem a little dim in comparison.
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 06 June 2014, 15:16 »
I ordered some 36mm 6xSMD bulbs for the vanity mirrors. They fit my BW18 GTD perfectly but they are too bright for me. Will try some 2x or 3x SMDs.

You could just turn the bulb around a bit so the LED's are then facing upwards slightly!?

Offline breezasib

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 09 June 2014, 22:06 »
Put some 3 SMD bulbs in and they are perfect :)

Offline JakeF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 20 June 2014, 21:37 »
Just to add to this, in my BW23 GTI the sun visor mirror lights come as stock with LED, it's only the boot and glove box that aren't LED as standard now!

« Last Edit: 21 June 2014, 20:10 by JakeF »
Golf R Estate mk7
Previously Golf GTI mk7

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 09 July 2014, 06:54 »
Lol wish I'd read this all the way through. Bought the vanity lights, sent to fit them this morning and they're already LEDs. Anyone want a couple of LED festoon type vanity lights?

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 12 July 2014, 00:02 »
Lol wish I'd read this all the way through. Bought the vanity lights, sent to fit them this morning and they're already LEDs. Anyone want a couple of LED festoon type vanity lights?

How much you after for them mate?

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 13 July 2014, 10:20 »
Fiver would do, cost about 8/9 quid with postage. Could return them but its a hassle.