Author Topic: Hello all mk2 owners!! new to a mk2 & thort i would share my progress  (Read 7972 times)

Offline Dogbot

• Here all the time
Well, Good morning to you all, My name is Ray & i used to hang out in the mk3 section, that is untill the wife bought me an 89 mk2 8v from a mate of ours that needed some loving & Tlc,

I had a mk3 ABF previously which, I always enjoyed & had only one spot of bother through almost 2 years of ownership, but the bodywork was just starting to get a bit scabby & needed freshening & i couldnt justify spendning on it, as lets be honest, its never gonna be what i wanted, a mk2,
So i set about breaking her up, I took everything i could that would fit on the mk2 & everything that wouldnt is stored to be sold, i think at this point i'll let the pictures do the talking bear in mind this is being done by me on a shoestring budget, literally spent £150 at this point after initial purchase cost.

This Is Nelly (the elephant) about to have a body transplant

Thats the Heartbreaking bit done as i did love that golf, Now to bring Markus in for his turn in the Surgery.............

Then I wire brushed & painted all the mk3 bits & mk2 bits that where going back on.... wire brush on a grinder.... my new favourite rust removal lol

Then Onto painting my Bay.....

Then It was wiring time, im trying to put the mk3 loom in & do some tidying, im not going for show smooth just a tidy install for a daily driver, pretty happy with where i have routed things progress has slowed a little as i am back at work & its just down to weekends now, had to make some new copper brake lines before installing the engine but got thereeventually the engine is in & running, few little niggles to sort out with wiring for the clocks, but i have that sorted in my mind, just gotta wait for the weekend so i can get it done...

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Sweet....

Keep up the good work and the updates...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Jimmyrallye

• Here all the time
  • 20vt goodness
Wos thats amezing work engine looks brand new :) looks a tidy conversion well done

Offline Dogbot

• Here all the time
Thanks very much guys, I only had a week off so had to get as much done as possible, now its just the long wait between weekends to get to work on it,

And thankyou for moving me to the correct Section, I do apologise  :cool:

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Nice work!  :cool:
:)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Wow, that is pretty epic. All done in record time! :cool:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Nice. Well done.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Continuing the ongoing theme of replies... Great work in a short time.... Nice recycling.  :cool:

Offline twotwofour

• GTI forum regular
Really looks great!!!!!
---------------------------------------
Mk2 small bumper 16v 3dr golf gti
Mk3 5dr 8v golf gti x2
Need a mk1 gti, mk1 caddy, mk3 vr6

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Awesome work :cool: