Author Topic: wiring mutant bass bin  (Read 2608 times)

Offline camperman

• Just got here
wiring mutant bass bin
« on: 06 February 2011, 14:33 »
Hi people just got a mutant bass bin and amp from Halfords for my birthday  :smiley: :smiley:, ive wired the power to the amp and the power lights on, ive then put the phono sockets into the line out on the stereo and into the line in on the amp then line out from the amp to the bass bin but nothing is happening where am i going wrong ? :cry: :cry:

Offline fecked_tt

• Not said much yet
  • 4wdftfw
Re: wiring mutant bass bin
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2011, 14:54 »
remote wire?
a4 2.8 30v v6 quattro gets me vag

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2011, 19:05 »
have you earthed it as well?

rub some paint off to metal for a clean contact

as said above as well, remote wire, thin blue wire from the back of the head unit
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline camperman

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2011, 22:13 »
have you earthed it as well?

rub some paint off to metal for a clean contact

as said above as well, remote wire, thin blue wire from the back of the head unit

Yes its earthed well as i ran it to the battery, what should be happening with the remote wire ?

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2011, 12:18 »
First I appeared at silver jewelry. commonly speaking, yellow-colored silver (above 14 karat) will not goal an allergic reaction. within one other hand white silver may. White silver jewellery alloys include nickel in add-on to other "white" metals to generate its silver coloring. one unique previous each nine people will react for the nickel in white gold.

Thats helpful!!

I would personally shorten that earth wire - might help - mine is only 1.5 foot long

With regards to the remote wire you need it to turn the amp on so that need to be wired to the amp from the HU, as said before it will be a blue/white wire coming out the back of the unit.

What head unit are you using / are you sure it has sub phonos out?

Offline camperman

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2011, 04:47 »
First I appeared at silver jewelry. commonly speaking, yellow-colored silver (above 14 karat) will not goal an allergic reaction. within one other hand white silver may. White silver jewellery alloys include nickel in add-on to other "white" metals to generate its silver coloring. one unique previous each nine people will react for the nickel in white gold.
   WTF :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats helpful!!

I would personally shorten that earth wire - might help - mine is only 1.5 foot long

With regards to the remote wire you need it to turn the amp on so that need to be wired to the amp from the HU, as said before it will be a blue/white wire coming out the back of the unit.

What head unit are you using / are you sure it has sub phonos out?
Ill have a look at the weekend , ill shorten the earth then,and check out the remote wire, ive used the electric ariel wire on the HU to turn the amp on :tongue:, the phonos i plugged into the line out on the HU , the head unit is also mutant.

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2011, 21:55 »
most, if not all head units already have a blue wire out the back of it

as for earth, as short as possible, needs to be the shortest out of all cables just in case
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline polo6n222

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2011, 11:33 »
did he not say the power light comes on on the amp if so remote must already be connected