Author Topic: wiring my amp & sub? with a pic lol  (Read 1166 times)

Offline louis_23

• Here all the time
wiring my amp & sub? with a pic lol
« on: 27 May 2009, 22:55 »
ok im slowly getting there with my sub and amp now lol managed to get alkl cables run frombattry/head unit to over end of car boot/subwoofer  :smiley: next stage is connecting them i have connected my cable to head unit and back to my amp but a lil confused as it has a third wire what is it is this just an earth? looks like my perfetic paint skills below lol  and if so do i conect it to the bit on the amp listed REM.......

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
Re: wiring my amp & sub? with a pic lol
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2009, 23:01 »
that can be used as the remote from the h/u to the amp
but to be honest it would be better to run a seperate one as that is very thin and they can break very easily
www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline louis_23

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2009, 23:08 »
yeah it dose keep braking lol whats it actually do lol and where do i connect it to? what colour wire on head unit and where on amp? thanx dude realy appreciate the help  :smiley:

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2009, 09:49 »
Usually a blue or blue with a white stripe. Maybe you should get someone who knows what they're doing should wire it up. You don't want to blow anything up  :wink:

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline Alexander

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2009, 18:33 »
the point of the REM wire is to tell the amp when it needs to turn on. This is done by sending a positive voltage down the wire usually sent from the headunit. This means the amp is not on all the time and doesnt drain your battery.

Alex

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2009, 19:55 »
Is there a wire on both ends as I was always under the impression that it is used to ground the shielding of the RCAs?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline deanpompey

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2009, 23:11 »
no its definately a remote wire....