Author Topic: Which wheel brush(es) for Brescias?  (Read 8982 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Which wheel brush(es) for Brescias?
« Reply #20 on: 01 August 2019, 08:13 »
Are the wheel whoolies safe enough to use on the face of the alloy?  I'm currently using a wheel mitt and noticed it's starting to come apart, this gives me the perfect excuse to look for something new  :smiley:

I have found that wheel woolies can become quite rough after a year or so so I use a small lambswool pad (link below) to clean the faces and it's small enough to clean behind the spokes too.

https://dooka.co.uk/Wheels-and-tyres/wheels/dooka-osha-wheel-pad

I’ve bought mine in Jan 2016; they’ve probably been used every 2-3 weeks since then and they’re still soft and fluffy. I wash them out thoroughly after each use in a bucket or bowel of clean water, squeeze out the surplus water then shake out any remaining water. They’re then left to air dry (hung up in one of the many Wo-Wo mesh bags that I’ve got) before they’re put away in my detailing chest, ready for the next use.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
Re: Which wheel brush(es) for Brescias?
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2019, 12:36 »
Are the wheel whoolies safe enough to use on the face of the alloy?  I'm currently using a wheel mitt and noticed it's starting to come apart, this gives me the perfect excuse to look for something new  :smiley:

I have found that wheel woolies can become quite rough after a year or so so I use a small lambswool pad (link below) to clean the faces and it's small enough to clean behind the spokes too.

https://dooka.co.uk/Wheels-and-tyres/wheels/dooka-osha-wheel-pad

Thanks for the link, what's the difference between the OSHA and non OSHA version, is it a deeper pile?