Author Topic: Welly cooler behind standard bumper  (Read 15191 times)

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
Re: Welly cooler behind standard bumper
« Reply #20 on: 09 June 2013, 10:31 »
Not finished yet chaps and not allowed to work on it today because its at work on a ramp and mrs said no! So will be going in really early tommorow to get it done. It is a lot of trimming to be done dont get me wrong but it will go. I have had to cut a lot of the side vent holes, and radiator cowling to get it fit snug. My aim at the moment is to get it running again so will have to trim the side and centre grills later so will look chavy! I think I messed up on my order from ash though  :sad: my pipes don't quite meet up on my hot side, cold side will be fine so might have to drag it out during the week and order more stuff but will keep you posted.

Offline asboGTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 09 June 2013, 11:48 »
I need vagcom data of how cool the intake is last thing I want will be heat soak at over 300bhp otherwise I am still getting the welly cooler and doing it the same as Rio
vw golf mk4 ARZ 1.8T pipercross panel filter, xenon headlights, JOMS coilovers, forge 007p with green spring, audi tt anti roll bar, 3inch ebay trubo back exhaust, COOKIES MONSTER STICKER(adds bhp I swear)

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2013, 12:04 »
Rio has data of before it was fitted on his car, can't do it on mine as he ripped out all my old pipe work yesterday! If your all standard we could do it on the day on the same route therefore the outside temp will be the same.

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2013, 12:10 »
A few from yesterday. Will do a post once its all complete.
IC fitted. Think the height is just right  :wink:

Hacking has started !

Loads of fitting the bumper and checking.

Bit more!

Better

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 June 2013, 12:17 »
Bumper can be fitted I then fitted the pipes and cut to let them fit

Fan cowling had to be modified too

Weight saving tactics!
Valance modified to fit IC

And fitted

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 09 June 2013, 12:19 »
Hope this gives you an idea of what needs doing and give yourself a weekend to do it and make sure you have permission from the mrs! I think an r32 bumper will require less cutting..

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
« Reply #26 on: 09 June 2013, 16:59 »
I'm sorry just couldn't help myself had to get stuck in!!!!
We will do a run with all 3 cars to see the difference as when I done my test with the standard sm and then the big fm it was 3 months later!!!

Standard - 36 degrees c
Fmic - 12 degrees c

Would be good to see the results all on the same day

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline paultownsend

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 09 June 2013, 17:53 »
This is looking great chaps. Mine pulled 42'c yesterday trying to get maximum MAF figures. Took ages to try to get them back down to 18'c that I started with.

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 09 June 2013, 19:06 »
I'm sorry just couldn't help myself had to get stuck in!!!!
We will do a run with all 3 cars to see the difference as when I done my test with the standard sm and then the big fm it was 3 months later!!!

Standard - 36 degrees c
Fmic - 12 degrees c

Would be good to see the results all on the same day

Sounds good.

Offline Jin_C

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 10 June 2013, 10:53 »
Granta, you are a legend!

Would be good to see a pic once it is all piped up. Glad it can be done, looks like im gonna have to place the order soon.
1.8T AGU, K03s, 007p, pipercross panel filter, G60 + VR6 clutch and flywheel, silicone TIP, decat + boost hoses, JOM coilovers